Peter King's Favre Worship

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

Peter King's Favre Worship

Post by bam bam »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ?eref=sihp
n the losers' locker room Sunday night, there was mostly silence for the first five, 10 minutes that reporters were allowed in. Silence among the players, but the noise on the outside -- the delirium, really -- seeped through the walls. The cries symbolized 43 years of frustration ending, and the wailing of repeated "Who Dat!'' chants, which young and old screamed through the weekend and into this morning in a raucous celebration in the French Quarter, finally got to someone in the room.
"[Bleep] Who Dat!'' came an angry voice from the cluster of the offensive linemen's stalls.
There are two stories today. Peyton going for immortality with a second SB win or Brees moving into the Brady, Manning realm with his first SB appearance. Only a clueless lout would be in the Vikings locker room. This is like the political media covering a Republican electoral white wash with a lede about disappointed the Democrat's supporters are.
No matter what you think of Favre -- and it's no secret I think he's the most charismatic and interesting player I've covered -- you have to admire how he bleeds in front of us. He goes out and gets the snot knocked out of him ("We were determined to hit him over and over and make him feel it,'' said none other than his old friend with the Packers, Saints safety Darren Sharper), somehow survives, then makes a throw he never should have made. And he stands there for the inquisition and answers the questions as honestly as I think a man can in these circumstances.
Before he went to his postgame press conference, he talked to me quietly for a couple of minutes, then to a couple of others in a growing group around his locker.
I removed my knee pads so I could get my tape recorder closer to his soft sultry lips.
I told him I thought it was a late hit, with the lower hit a good example of why the Tom Brady rule was put in this year.
I then longed for his soft caress as he pulled me tighter into him and I felt a burning sensation in my loins.
As Favre said to me: "You try to say it's just a game, and of course it is. You know that's the case. But it still hurts.''
This one will, for a long time.

But I am there for you Brett. I am there for you.

What a bunch of useless dreck. Al Michaels hates this guy and for good reason. How the f-ck are you writing two pages on Favre after a loss? Cut me a break, the guy is an ego-maniac who can no longer force a ball into a tight spot when necessary. Brees, OTOH, can thread a needle. That's what the story is.
LauraMc

Re: Peter King's Favre Worship

Post by LauraMc »

I am just stunned at the one-sidedness of the sports reporters. I turned on ESPN this morning just to see what they said and it was all about poor Favre. And what was with all the interviews done before the game with Favre that they ran between plays? And kept showing his wife? No interviews with Brees at from before the game.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/i ... vreINT.mp3

At least the Vikes play by play guy tells it like it is.
peychaud

Post by peychaud »

LOL!

I'd been waiting all season for the inevitable Farve meltdown. Luckily, it came at just the right moment.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

LauraMc wrote:I am just stunned at the one-sidedness of the sports reporters. I turned on ESPN this morning just to see what they said and it was all about poor Favre. And what was with all the interviews done before the game with Favre that they ran between plays? And kept showing his wife? No interviews with Brees at from before the game.

ESPN has been a joke all day. you'd think the Vikings won.
that ship has sailed and that fat lady has sunk!
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

bam bam wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/i ... vreINT.mp3

At least the Vikes play by play guy tells it like it is.
I'm guessing that was the play by play for the Vikes! LOL
Total meltdown and then the anger.

As for the media, everybody said we would get respect once we win the big one. I seriously doubt that. It's an elite club and we are not welcome.
Embrace the hate. It'll make you stronger.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Everyone should mail a paper bag and kleenex to Minnesota!