Broke Spoke in "the kill".

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
#7 throw away to do list.

Broke Spoke in "the kill".

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

i am so tired of hearing about this redneck dive bar. if money were no object i would buy the stupid place to burn it to the ground. amazing how many people around there still love this trailer trash favre. .....as for the game, look at minnesota on the road, not very good. last 3 minny road games 0-3 beaten by a total of 38 points.
NoNoNanette

Re: Broke Spoke in "the kill".

Post by NoNoNanette »

The Spoke is a GREAT "redneck bar". Been there many times...for many years... even before Brett was a superstar... big fun. Dom and I were just laughing about the response we'd get on Sunday by walking in with our Saints jerseys.

Of course they're going to be supporting Favre.... he's one of their own.... a Kilnbilly :rolleyes:

Guess you can tell.... I like the place. :toast:

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

favre is one of their own? f'em. kiln is a 45 min drive from the city, saints country. if that is the case then peyton manning is one of my people, and if given the chance i hope bobby mccray breaks mannings neck. i am so tired of the favre worship. the guy is a selfish prima donna.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Guess you got a problem with the entire town of Breaux Bridge worshiping Jake Delhomme? :rolleyes:

BTW: Yeah.... the Peyton bros are New Orlean's own.... and if the Saints weren't in the playoffs, I'd be cheering for either of them.
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
buzd

Post by buzd »

NoNoNanette wrote:the Peyton bros

:covri:
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

WHOOPS!!!!! :o

Guess I got Sean on the brain! :)
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote:i am so tired of hearing about this redneck dive bar. if money were no object i would buy the stupid place to burn it to the ground.
Hell, the last time it boint up, everbody just built it back in a coupla weeks! Course it took awhile for the flames to die down. Them gallons of Kiln White Lightnin fueled the fire pretty good!

Took years to replace all the bras hanging from the ceiling. Those stupid cheese bras (think cheese head) just melted into blobs.

Quote from the Kiln:
Broke Spoke

The bar made national news once more when the fire broke out on April 21, 1999. Originally opened in 1985, as the Broke Spoke, even the fire didn’t prevent local patrons as they continued to gather at an outside bar to watch and participate in the rebuilding process.
However, much of the Packer memorabilia that had been donated by fans from all over the United States, in addition to hundreds of personally autographed ladies lingerie had been fried to a crisp.
Following two months of mostly volunteer repairs, the Haases had a grand re-opening ceremony and ribbon-cutting, and exclaimed, “Our friends stood by us and now we’re back, and we’re happy again.”
Wisconsin visitors were welcomed to the renewed Broke Spoke just after the fire, as they posted some new Packer’s memorabilia.

WHO DAT!?
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

LOL Oyster.... the place has a fun history.

BTW: Anyone daring enuf to stop in and refer to it as a "stupid place" or a "redneck dive bar" would most likely get their arse kicked... and kicked good. :)

Just sayin'.... ;)

Hell.... now I've got a hankerin' to get back there!!!!!:toast:
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

WTF is a hankerin you hilbilly? :toast:
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com