Ticket thieves?

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
RouxTheDay

Ticket thieves?

Post by RouxTheDay »

A guy in my office bought someone's season tickets. He got a "bill of sale" at the beginning of the season and mentioned to the guy that he failed to mention the playoffs on that document. The guy said, "oh, that's not going to be a problem".

Guess what happened?
Pas Bon

Re: Ticket thieves?

Post by Pas Bon »

I'm guessing, a problem?
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

After having multiple phone calls/emails/text messages ingored by the seller, the buyer dropped by his office and waited until the guy would see him.
He said, "you'll have 2 tickets to the playoffs", come pick them up from my office on Friday.

The season tickets were in section 143....the playoff tickets were in Row 20 in Section 603.

That's just WRONG.
I know, he should have gotten it in writing in August but they did essentially have a "gentleman's agreement".
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I don't get it. The playoffs are a separate charge. Was this agreed upon in August?
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

Only agreed upon as much as mentioned above.
When it was clear that the playoffs were in the picture, the buyer immediately called the seller to make arrangements to pay for the playoff tix.
I take it from your question, that you don't think it's a problem to sell your entire package of SEASON tickets and then yank the seats when the playoffs roll around-?

Despicable, IMO.
buzd

Post by buzd »

RouxTheDay wrote:Only agreed upon as much as mentioned above.
When it was clear that the playoffs were in the picture, the buyer immediately called the seller to make arrangements to pay for the playoff tix.
I take it from your question, that you don't think it's a problem to sell your entire package of SEASON tickets and then yank the seats when the playoffs roll around-?

Despicable, IMO.
Maybe so, but I've seen it happen before.

Your friend should have hashed that out in the beginning. The playoffs are the whole point, after all.
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

He ended up with tickets, didn't he? So what's the problem? Just that they were in a different location? If he paid face value, I don't see what right he has to complain...esp since the play off tickets were ordered separately.

Similar to my Alabama season tickets I sell to a particular guy...come time to order SEC Championship and Bowl Game tickets - he has to soeak up for them. They aren't automatically his if he doesn't say so first. And that happened this year - he said he didn't want bowl game tickets but when they won the SEC, he called me wanting NC tickets. Sorry, don't work that way.
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

the seller is being a d-bag but the buyer should have protected themself.
JRO

Post by JRO »

playoffs a whole different season, should have been setled before original deal was done. I know several people that did not get playoff tix when they bought entire season
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

and the other side of the coin.....if the Saints had not made the playoffs would there even been a problem. That should have been discussed at the original sale. Season tickets are just that....same in college.......post season (playoff's, bowl games, super bowl....whole different ball of wax and not included)