Sugar Bowl and CFB Thoughts

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

Sugar Bowl and CFB Thoughts

Post by bam bam »

Despite the fact is was a crappy game, I had a great time at the Sugar Bowl last night. I scalped club level seats on the aisle for $50 apiece, my ability to scalp tickets is really one of the more underrated skills that I have. We sat at the 50 yard line and had an awesome view of the field. New Year's Day is really one of my favorite days of the year, I wish the BCS wouldn't f-ck with us and leave the Sugar Bowl on New Year's Night.

Cincy traveled well but they talked way too much smack. I mean, if you are going to yap you shouldn't do it to a team that has won 2 of the last 4 national titles. I thought it was going to be a decent game too, but when we got to our seats I said to my friend "Fla is going to kick their ass, they are way too fired up." It was men vs. boys.

Les Miles is a bigger clock management disaster than Andy Reid. That was really bad yesterday.

Can we stop with the Outback Bowl being the game of the year? Yes, it was exciting, yes it had a great comeback, yes it wne tot OT. But there were nine frigginn' turnovers. A few missed FGs and a horrible missed XP. That does not make it a great game. Entertaining? Sure.

By no means am I Florida St fan, but it is going to be really weird not seeing Bobby Bowden on the sidelines next year.
BTG

Re: Sugar Bowl and CFB Thoughts

Post by BTG »

I really was expecting Cinci to be able to keep it somewhat competitive. A friend invited me to sit in a suite with him is the only reason I went. I got bored so we left at halftime.

It's not even worth discussing LSU. I can't ever remember being so frustrated about a program. If Crowton is back as OC next year I am not going to attend any games.
Backstrap

Post by Backstrap »

For interest worth, I thought the Idaho, Bowling Green game was the best so far. Really an offense show, with a terrific final minute.

I admire a coach willing to go for the win instead of a tie with no time left. Pure stones.

Although I'm not looking forward to Saban getting a national championship, I think TX has a slim chance.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
JRO

Post by JRO »

Boisse State TCU was a real stinker of a game last night. Not much talent on the field. Definately not much size on either team.

Sugar Bowl was a perfect example of why the Cincinatti's, Boisse State, TCU's don't belong in BCS with the big boys
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

JRO wrote:Boisse State TCU was a real stinker of a game last night. Not much talent on the field. Definately not much size on either team.

Sugar Bowl was a perfect example of why the Cincinatti's, Boisse State, TCU's don't belong in BCS with the big boys
I disagree. There were athletes all over that field. As an LSU fan, I would hate to play Boise (this year in particular)> I say they can play with the big boys, and win. I was not surprised at all that they beat TCU, which is another good club.

Cinn ran into a "Perfect Storm".
JRO

Post by JRO »

TD maybe you watched a different game than I did but neither QB could throw a decent pass to save their life. A bunch of little guys for both teams