Saints the Soul of America's City

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
flyinbayou

Saints the Soul of America's City

Post by flyinbayou »

A good read for New Orleanians and Who Dats
Too long of an article to post in this space. Here's the link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... d14/Saints
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
bdavid

Re: Saints the Soul of America's City

Post by bdavid »

That was fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.
BTG

Post by BTG »

OUTSTANDING!!! When I read the piece earlier today, I wanted to go high five and hug people.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

BTG wrote:OUTSTANDING!!! When I read the piece earlier today, I wanted to go high five and hug people.
You better not being hugging JAG.
BTG

Post by BTG »

bam bam wrote:You better not being hugging JAG.
She was the first person I thought about.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

BTG wrote:She was the first person I thought about.

;)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

great ink. thnx for sharing the article.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Well, I tried to check out the article, but it was WAY long, and I stopped once I saw the pic of Tom, Rita and Gayle. Please. Someone PLEASE explain to me why Gayle has to clutch Tom by his arm every step of his life. Even while trying to raise his arm to wave to the fans in the stadium. It has been killing me to watch this comical lifeline attachment since they got married. It almost appears that Tom has had her hand permanently attached his forearm! Obvioulsy, he appreciates this "attachment," but it just always seems so awkward, it makes me kinda want to puke. Can't she just let Tom wave without her arm holding his arm back? Can she just let go for the 3 hour duration of the game? Does she think he may follow Tiger "Cheetah" Woods and run off with a waitress from the Pancake House??? It has looked really dumb for the last few years, but when you can't let go for Tom to wave to the crowd...well..I dunno. Just really STRANGE!
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

i want to add that any mention of benson and le blanc's contribution to this great season should add that payton had to contribute $250k of his salary to greg williams. so, for the owners, money comes before wins. payton recognized that some thing had to change on defense and was commited to brining in williams, the owners not so much.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

Oyster wrote:Well, I tried to check out the article, but it was WAY long, and I stopped once I saw the pic of Tom, Rita and Gayle. Please. Someone PLEASE explain to me why Gayle has to clutch Tom by his arm every step of his life. Even while trying to raise his arm to wave to the fans in the stadium. It has been killing me to watch this comical lifeline attachment since they got married. It almost appears that Tom has had her hand permanently attached his forearm! Obvioulsy, he appreciates this "attachment," but it just always seems so awkward, it makes me kinda want to puke. Can't she just let Tom wave without her arm holding his arm back? Can she just let go for the 3 hour duration of the game? Does she think he may follow Tiger "Cheetah" Woods and run off with a waitress from the Pancake House??? It has looked really dumb for the last few years, but when you can't let go for Tom to wave to the crowd...well..I dunno. Just really STRANGE!
Ummm, Wow!
Are you OK, Oyster?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.