Welcome!

Official Proclamations & Various Exhortations
Admin

Welcome!

Post by Admin »

Thanks for stopping by. We're glad you're here. Hopefully, we'll still feel the same way about you after you've registered and posted a few times. We're reasonable people, and we're looking for other reasonable people to join us in talking about the subjects we all love, here in the city we all love, New Orleans, LA.

You're probably here because you're just fed up with some recent changes and/or unfulfilled promises of some other online forum. We feel your pain. So much so, we dug into our own wallets and purses, and paid cash money for this whiz-bang, seriously cool forum software*. We didn't rent it, we bought it. You wanted functionality, you got it. You wanted features, you got 'em, along with a big ol' help file so you'll know just how to use them. You wanted to know when you got a PM; we can't believe you ever posted on a forum that couldn't tell you if you did. You want assorted anonymous crazies, trolls and spammers dispatched post-haste, let's just say we're like-minded individuals. How will you ever repay us? We'll talk more about that later.

We spent a bit of time setting things up basically the way we think they ought to be. There's a bunch of other things we could turn on, but then your brain might explode under the pressure of it all. We also know that, however unlikely it might seem, there will be some things we overlooked in our haste to ease your suffering. What we're saying is we're open to feedback and suggestions, but we're not door mats, either. We love company, just not the kind that puts their feet up on our coffee table the first visit. We think you know what we mean.

So let's get the ball rolling, and see if we can get something good going.

Oh, and please see our Terms Of Use.

(*To our knowledge, the first locally-run New Orleans Food, Culture, and Entertainment Forum to use the world-renowned vBulletin platform.)
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Thanks for the invite. I'm here checking things out....
Dilfan

I'm Here

Post by Dilfan »

Thanks for doing this. I've only been here a few minutes and already I can see it is a vast improvement over the last board I frequented. I see a few of the people from the "other" board, and hopefully this will rapidly rise to the level that the "other" board was prior to the changes.
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

Thanks for the referral justagirl!

Admin... thanks for the help!:)

SPELL CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!! WOoooooWOOOOO
Admin

Post by Admin »

No problem. We want your experience here to be nothing but positive.

RE: referrals. Thanks so much to all those who have made some.

RE: invites. We didn't send out specific invites so much as "heads-ups" to a number of fine folks we thought might help spread the word. Please don't feel left out if you got the info second-hand. If you want to talk about the things we want to talk about, we want you here.
Schuarta

Welcome!

Post by Schuarta »

Glad to be invited, and glad to be here!

This site is easy and fast.

It is sooooo.... different from the new and improved forum we all know.

And the speed can't be emphasized enough. Zip, zip, zip wherever you want to go.

I hope everyone comes over, maybe with the exception of Michael D. Sorry I'm so mean.
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Great Danish

This is great

Post by Great Danish »

Thank you for the invite. I am glad to see some familar names here too, it looks like we might be able to have some fun again. I am looking forward to watching it grow.

Congrats on a well organized, great looking site.

Jen
PNG

Post by PNG »

Looking through this forum for two minutes has convinced me. The "normal" speed of this forum makes it seem like 2008 again. Hello everyone.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Thanks for the invite. It is enough to make me go out tonight and gorge myself on an insanely expensive dinner just so I can post about it here.
Isabella Maja

Thanks for the invitation!

Post by Isabella Maja »

What a relief!

Glad to be here!

This definitely deserves a celebration dinner!