Help and Answers To Your Forum Questions
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

JudiB wrote:WAIT!!

LOL... I'll be damned... it SAID THE UPLOADED FAILED. That lyin' sack o'....

Ok, I guess I need coffee.

(it said the upload failed, I swear it did!)

hahahahahahahaha
Hmmmmmm.....I wonder what's in that coffee you're drinking! :eek::p:)
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

LOL... I'm just ... well.. challenged sometimes. ;)

Jeeves, it wasn't even a minor glitch, I hate ta' tell ya' this but it was USER ERROR. lol

What happened is, (I realized on like the fourth try.... sheesh...) it 'takes' the first time... but you don't especially get any notice... it doesn't say... GOOD JOB JUDIB YOU DID IT... or anything... it sends you back to what looks like a blank screen, with a tiny avatar showing, so you think you have to click on "submit" again...

Only when you click on "submit" again... (taking a breath)... actually the new url spot or browse spot is EMPTY... so it's reading it as a failure.

And I'm wide awake now, and that is still the best I can 'splain it. lol
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
gumbo lover

Re: Avatars

Post by gumbo lover »

I can't seem to load an avatar. The size fits but I get a message about it not being a good file or something like that. It's bmp, not that I understand that, but is there a restriction on this type?
“It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.” Lewis Grizzard
Admin

Post by Admin »

No restriction we are aware of. jpg or gif would be preferable. bmps are an uncompressed format, and tend to have very large filesizes for given dimensions, relative to jpg or gif. If you want try to to attach your bmp to a post, we will be happy to convert it for you.

On edit: We looked at your old avatar on TOB. It's an animated gif. Not permitted here. :o If that is what you're trying to use, that might be the problem.
gumbo lover

Post by gumbo lover »

Thanks. That was awfully nice of you. I actually wanted my gumbo avatar before the last incarnation of TOB. I don't have it any longer. I think I lost it in the great computer crash of '07. Should have gotten it back before the board when haywire.

I found one for now, but if you come across a nice bowl of dark roux gumbo with no okry or tomatoes, I would be ever so grateful! (If that's not asking to much, of course.)
“It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato.” Lewis Grizzard
Admin

Post by Admin »

If it can be had, we're going to make it a priority to get it back for you. We have some methods.
gumbo lover

Post by gumbo lover »

Many thanks! I'd like to be recognized as me again.
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

Got to say it - the Admin here ROCKS! We actually have someone who can and WILL help on this board. Bravo!

Jen
Admin

Post by Admin »

We remember your old avatar. Net archives were unfruitful. This is close:
Attachments
gumbolover.jpg
gumbo lover

Post by gumbo lover »

I'll take it and thanks! How did you do that? Who were y'all on TOB?