Can't find the edit feature

Help and Answers To Your Forum Questions
Suzy Wong

Can't find the edit feature

Post by Suzy Wong »

I wanted to edit a post of mine, and I don't see the edit icon, Am not seeing it:confused: or should I go to bed?
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
edible complex

Re: Can't find the edit feature

Post by edible complex »

After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Thanks I notice the edit icon is on some of my posts but not all, the Admin must have it turned off on certain ones.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Admin

Post by Admin »

Ooh, sorry, didn't explain that there is a time limit on editing. It's quite generous, relatively speaking, but is in place to prevent "revisionist history" edits after-the-fact. There is a short few minutes allowed that one can edit for typos or re-thinks without the "Edited by..." notation. After that, it's 60 minutes to change your mind. You are not compelled to enter a "reason for editing" unless you want to.

Sometimes, we help you out by fixing formatting errors or snipping out superfluous quoted stuff, in order to maintain an uncluttered look. Know that we will NEVER edit posts for content unless they in some way violate our TOS. This is a "NO TOMMENT" Zone.