relatives comments at Thanksgiving

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
LauraMc

relatives comments at Thanksgiving

Post by LauraMc »

I had a great long weekend with my family. Just when I thought all was safe from family drama, my yankee b-inlaw comes out with a shocker. We have an elderly aunt who never married and we always make sure she comes to Holiday dinners with us. I called her to make sure she didn't want me to pick her up. She insists it's one of the few things she can still do so she will drive herself until she can't anymore. So on Saturday, just when I think the weekend is safe, yankee comes out with....."it's nice you all invite your aunt and make sure she will get here but you have to know, none of you will have someone who does the same thing". We all looked at him in shock. I'm the only one who doesn't have a child so I assume it was directed at me but the ones with kids and grandkids are just as shocked. What an a-hole:mad:
Jerry

Re: relatives comments at Thanksgiving

Post by Jerry »

Laura,
Please post a photo of the yankee b-inlaw with what y'all did to him with the drumstick...

How insensitive!...I have young friends that are closer than actual family (I have no kids either)...

Happy Holidays :toast:
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

Same here, Jerry. What gall! I went with the 18 yr son of a friend to buy stuff for my Angel Tree child last night. He thanked me for inviting him along! Now, I'd rather that than some a-hole BIL...
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.
Alex

Post by Alex »

People from elsewhere do not understand that we do things different here in south. It is good to know traditional values such as taking care of family and respecting our elders is still a southern tradition.
Sine qua non
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

The way I explain him to people is that he's exactly what a Southerner thinks a Yankee is. But he's been down South since the 70's. Guess you just can't teach some Yanks.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I'm glad this Yank adapted to Southern life quite well.

But speaking of Yankee Brother in Laws...mine is a treat. As an only child he told me on his wedding day "I've never had a sister and I'm not looking for one now." No problem buddy, no problem at all.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

Well, to paraphrase what we say about guys from Auburn, you can the boy out of Yankeeland but you can't take the Yankee out of the boy.....
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.