French Quarter Hotel Suggestion

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Rex Spook

French Quarter Hotel Suggestion

Post by Rex Spook »

My 20th wedding anniversary is September 11. I need a suggestion for a romantic hotel room in the French Quarter .
Backstrap

Re: French Quarter Hotel Suggestion

Post by Backstrap »

I would suggest the Renaissance Arts hotel about a half block from Emeril's. Outstanding decor and La Cote Brasserie is the in house restaurant. Rooms are very nice and you can get a good deal. Just spent a weekend there as we are from the northshore. Great time. Short stroll to Emeril's, great dinner at the chef's bar and back to the room. Fantastic.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

I'm sure there are many answers, and "romantic" is so subjective. That said,

The Monteleone...Classic New Orleans...+one is able to walk to Galatoire's and have cocktails in the Carousel Lounge...

(Many French Quarter/downtown hotels have specials around that time as mentioned, certainly inquire)

http://hotelmonteleone.com/

I'd reserve soon, no matter where you decide, it is a Saturday night! (I think)....
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

monteleone is good but there is a disparity in room quality. the club level rooms at the ritz are very nice/romantic. on a smaller scale the soniat house. i like the Renaissance Arts and would stay there again but i do not find the place romantic in a classic sense and it is not in the quarter.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I happened to be on the Hilton site this morning looking for a room for a business trip and noticed the Roosevelt has a special rate for locals on the gulf. I just put in for next weekend to see what it would be and it was down to $129/night for a King room. That room is usually $199.

The rooms are on the small side I find but them really nice and welcoming. Close quarters might be nice for a romantic weekend ;)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Rex Spook

Post by Rex Spook »

The Ritz is booked for September 11.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Some friends stayed at Le Richelieu recently. The rooms seemed of a nice size and were well furnished, decorated. Pool, poolsde bar and restaurant, very nice staff. Free parking in a guarded, walled lot behind the hotel. Quieter part of the FQ, less traffic. http://www.lerichelieuhotel.com/
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

Check Windsor Court, they're running a suite upgrade promotion......automatic upgrade to a suite for the price of a regular room.
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

I haven't stayed in any of these hotels since our house was finished:

Omni Royal Orleans. My favorite. It is so New Orleans. If you join their select guest, free room upgrades (when avail), complimentary pot of coffee/ tea and juice. Rooftop pool w/qtr/river view. They used to include a coupon for 1/2 price weekend stay.

Loews has great views and large rooms.

Monteleone. We had a small sort of shabby room. My husband likes the hotel.

W Fr. qtr was convenient, contemporary w/ a nice balcony (lousy view). Got a deal on Expedia...W said they could never match the rate. Still, overpriced. Our room wasn't ready so they comped us drinks at Bacco.

Royal Sonesta. Very small rooms. Could use refurbishing. Had a Boubon balcony which was shared and quite narrow.

Bourbon Orleans. My least favorite. Probably due to the abundance of Katrina dwellers living it up, microwaves and food stuffs on their window ledges. Ran into Spike Lee while checking out. He was kind enough to take a photo w/ my son, who threw an arm around his buddy Spike's shoulder...if looks could kill.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Jeeves wrote:Some friends stayed at Le Richelieu recently. The rooms seemed of a nice size and were well furnished, decorated. Pool, poolsde bar and restaurant, very nice staff. Free parking in a guarded, walled lot behind the hotel. Quieter part of the FQ, less traffic. http://www.lerichelieuhotel.com/

Stayed at many places throughout the "Quarter" over 35 years, on our annual/semi-annual trips from the west coast.. Finally settled at Le Richelieu the year before Katrina. Excellent rooms, we've been getting the 4th floor minisuite (bedroom and livingroom) in the back (southeast) corner, owner lives below on 1st floor. Good small cafe for breakfast and lunch, cute little bar for evening cocktails, lovely pool, secure free parking out back. Has one of the oldest continuous staff of personnel. East end of the quarter, short walk to Irene's, Muriel's, Stella, Jackson Square, moderate walk to Bourbon Street and west Quarter restaurants - Galatoire's, Redfish Grill, Broussard's, Bombay Club, Pelican Club, and Mr. B's.

Enjoy. :toast:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."