Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
flyinbayou

Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Post by flyinbayou »

A typical garbage article from a typical liberal rag but it's worth reading the comments that follow.
(How much did his inauguration cost again? You kinda get the feeling that even the Messiah knows he's a "1 and done" president.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 27_pf.html

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I forgot to add this quote/clip to the original post.

"After the last eight years, it's good to have a president that knows what a library is"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhT ... r_embedded

How many more foreigner "dignitaries" will Obama allow to step on our soil and bash our country?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Gourmondo

Re: Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Post by Gourmondo »

Poor guy, he's been worried sick and "enraged" about the oil and just needed a chance to chill with Sir Paul. Too bad they didn't sing "Taxman", which would have been more appropriate.
bam bam

Re: Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Post by bam bam »

If I didn't think his music sucked, I'd consider boycotting it.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

If Bam Bam finds out Sir Paul and I share a birthday, he might dump me.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Wise man say:
"May a completely oil soaked Pelican **** an oil laced turd in the O-bombs slipper before dawn."
Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I am so sick of this White House celebrity obsession. Can the Obamas agree to forgo their impulse to schmooze with the rich and famous until this gushing oil well is capped? Remember when Condoleeza Rice was booed out of a theater in NY after Katrina for what was perceived as her cavalier attitude? I think this behavior shows just as much lack of concern for our suffering.
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

Penny Lane wrote:I am so sick of this White House celebrity obsession. Can the Obamas agree to forgo their impulse to schmooze with the rich and famous until this gushing oil well is capped? Remember when Condoleeza Rice was booed out of a theater in NY after Katrina for what was perceived as her cavalier attitude? I think this behavior shows just as much lack of concern for our suffering.
With a great name like Penny Lane I would expect more of you. :eek: What do you expect the "O" to do? Swim down in a wet suit and stick his finger in the pipe like BamBam has suggested?
Shep

Post by Shep »

Where was all this empathy for W when he was President?The hypocrisy is so bad, it is beyond reason the depths they were willing to go toward blaming him for everything imaginable. Obama should just stuff copies of the constitution down the pipe and be done with it.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

flyinbayou wrote:
[/color]I forgot to add this quote/clip to the original post.

"After the last eight years, it's good to have a president that knows what a library is"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhT ... r_embedded

How many more foreigner "dignitaries" will Obama allow to step on our soil and bash our country?

Yes in light of, the fact that Laura Bush WAS a librarian was probably lost on the morons who thought that line was so funny. I guess community organizer is a much more important job.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Facts:

Paul doesn't hold any college degree.
W graduated from Yale
W is the first POTUS to hold an MBA
Laura was a librarian.
Paul needs to go get in bed with Carlos Santana, another ungrateful pos who made his money here and trashes our country.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

EAC, you do realize "facts" mean nothing to the libs, right?
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."