Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
bigshot

Re: Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Post by bigshot »

justagirl wrote:EAC, you do realize "facts" mean nothing to the libs, right?
Exactly whose "facts" are you referring to?. The "good" table of "conservatives" that you had the pleasure of dining with last week? Repeat, you guys are more fun that a barrel of monkeys. Get real, and don't bother to try to defend your endless crap. It's getting real old. Notice that it is always the same members of the same pack sharing their brilliance with us daily on this board. :bow:
justagirl

Re: Gershwin Prize event at White House: A really big night for Sir Paul McCartney

Post by justagirl »

Bigshot, just exactly what have you offered of billiance to us? Nothing. Pure dribble. You sir, should "get real."
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

justagirl wrote:Bigshot, just exactly what have you offered of billiance to us? Nothing. Pure dribble. You sir, should "get real."
And what my dear have you offered other than endless restaurant reviews?
I don't need to offer anything, no chance of making an impression on this board. I just read it when I am bored and need something to entertain me and give me a laugh or two. I am not trying to impress you, you sure don't impress me. Before I gave up on society I did a LOT work with the homeless and people with no food and my favorite contacts were the 98 pound blonds that always drove BMW's and who used to tell me every time we crossed paths for me to "get a job", without knowing a fk' ing thing about me, just like you. I am not a Democrat, but an independent, but I do know how to recognize people that don't give a s**t about anyone but themselves. If you post a word on this board that does not echo Fox news, Beck, Rush, Hanity, or my favorite John "Boner" all of you guys have a field day. You my dear live in a very small world, if you think that what this board is about is the worldwide view of things. Almost daily someone on this board drops their knickers and shows their ass to the world. Question them and what do thay offer but trash talk, "man you got nothing", "you are a mental midget", notice that they are as smart as the men that walked on the moon. Just ask them. Enjoy your restaurant visit tonight, don't worry, be happy. Good day.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

My food reviews are called contributions on the food forum. That's kinda what's it's all about, dontcha know?

I will enjoy my food and dining. Thank you.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Shep

Post by Shep »

You attack the person, the sources and the facts but never engage the ideas or facts to prove them wrong. The facts that were stated were just that, facts. I am as much an independent as you claim to be and certainly do not support the actions of the former administration that contributed heavily towards the mess we find ourselves in. I just find the hypocrisy of certain people in congress claiming they had nothing to do with the problem. You attack a poster by saying they no nothing about you or what you are about while saying they do not give a **** about anybody but themselves but, you know nothing about them personally. I understand that you only slum here when you are bored but appear to be bored so much as to read every word posted. I had long running idealogical arguments with a waiter on another board for years but he was willing to post his alternative ideas in a way to at the very least make the argument, one of ideas.

PS: A 98 lb blonde in a BMW, come on, weight, hair color and a make of car and I thought profiling was a conservative idea.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Well...umm...I have chosen not to speak to Tony at BP, as I was too busy speaking to Sir Paul, a much more important Brit in my book. He even dedicated a song to my wife. I had my boot on Tony's neck since day one...although Tony did not know it...ummm...because I did not speak to him...

Ok, I made that up. But it is true he did not speak to Tony Hayward.

In the interview that aired today, Obama defended his decision not to speak with Hayward.

From ABC News:

"I have not spoken to him directly," Obama said. "Here's the reason. Because my experience is, when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's going to say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions."

Link:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/obama-t ... d=10853212
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Obama is a joke. How in the world have those two not spoken. Its funny, that he says the CEO would "say all the right things". Kinda like BO did during the campaign.Truth be damned.

It's too bad the joke is on contributing americans. I have been fighting to keep my formerly successful business open for the past 18 months. I have taken no money at all out, and in fact, have put money in to the company. Prior to 2009, I earned well into 6 figures, for over 10 years. I am thinking it might be time to just let the government take care of me. I could qualify for food stamps and all kinds of other aid. It's getting pretty tempting. If BO gets reelected, I will probably join the gravy train.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

According to his latest interview, Obama is waiting to see who's ass to kick.

Right.
Alex

Post by Alex »

cstoehr wrote:According to his latest interview, Obama is waiting to see who's ass to kick.

Right.
It is pretty clear who's ass is getting kicked, and it's us! My neighbor is a charter captain and his truck sits out front the house all day. His boss was on CNN today talking about they do not think they will be able to stay in business.
Sine qua non