The TF Board

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
BTG

Re: The TF Board

Post by BTG »

Jeeves wrote:I thought it died a while ago.
It was actually picking up some steam with quantity of post, not quality. There is some senile old guy that makes 10-15 post a day it appears. Amerone was there again as another name, but was zapped last week.

We also have some traitors from this board that have been posting over there. It only makes me mad when they put good stuff over there and not here. Not saying any names, but one of them post over there as YC. :D
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Yeah. You would think YC would have some loyalty. She only met her boyfriend on this board.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Only one???
BTG

Post by BTG »

Still down this morning. This has to be driving Tom nuts.
The "other" board appears to be making a push to try and get things going again. They have a new moderator person who is trying like hell to drum up interest.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

BTG wrote:Still down this morning. This has to be driving Tom nuts.
The "other" board appears to be making a push to try and get things going again. They have a new moderator person who is trying like hell to drum up interest.
Which board would that be? Just curious. The amount of recent down time (what, two days now?) for TF's board is making me think "hack job" or a change in software? No matter. I rarely look in other than to see how many times "aboy" (Tom?) posts some inane comment or another.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

BTG wrote:It was actually picking up some steam with quantity of post, not quality. There is some senile old guy that makes 10-15 post a day it appears. Amerone was there again as another name, but was zapped last week.

We also have some traitors from this board that have been posting over there. It only makes me mad when they put good stuff over there and not here. Not saying any names, but one of them post over there as YC. :D

From TF newsletter:
Messageboard Down

Monday night, the Talk Food with Tom Fitzmorris messageboard was affected by a major technical problem at Network Solutions, which hosts the NOMenu.Com website. None of the posts were lost, but I will have to re-install the entire board software, which takes more time than I have available at the moment. I hope to have it back in place by the end of the week. I apologize for the service lapse, and thank you for caring.

BTG, There's even a poster on TF's forum that must your twin;)
More than few+ posters on TF's forum post here, but for whatever reason:confused: they use different names...

The frequent poster you might be refering to is "aboy"... I believe he is a (senior) guy who was/is? ill and was home a lot. Seemed like a nice person. Or maybe that jolly older gent "JCG" something who likes to talk endlessly about being a young lad in England.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I enjoy both aboy and STGSTJ (or somehting likje that) on Tom's board. I post on both sites. I long for the good ole days when the board was really active.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Turbodog wrote:I enjoy both aboy and STGSTJ (or somehting likje that) on Tom's board. I post on both sites. I long for the good ole days when the board was really active.
I wish we could all be one happy family. :)

The other board I was referencing was the one that we all ran from when they changed owners or something like that and why this place was created.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Suzy Wong wrote:The frequent poster you might be refering to is "aboy"... I believe he is a (senior) guy who was/is? ill and was home a lot. Seemed like a nice person.

Yeah, I was talking about aboy. I shouldn't be such a jerk because he does seem nice. It just seems that he has his nose stuck a little too far up Tom's ass.
I will have to learn to not post things like that, because the whole internet message board is fun and games to me and I never think that people actually take this stuff serious and get upset at something silly I post.
UptownKevin

Post by UptownKevin »

BTG wrote:Y
I will have to learn to not post things like that, because the whole internet message board is fun and games to me and I never think that people actually take this stuff serious and get upset at something silly I post.
Ha! You are correct. There were a few who pretty much had meltdowns from things posted on these boards. Rhonda? I have had a stalker or two in my time. Not sure if it was flattering for a split second, but people who remember stuff about my personal life from 5 years ago kinda creeps me out. Otherwise I think all of the comments are fair game...

-Kevin

p.s. does anyone want to let me know who my first stalker was? I am sure the person is still around. Wish I could remember the name (you know, the old lady who liked her steaks well done and finished her posts "all the best."