Jazz Fest

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
RouxTheDay

Jazz Fest

Post by RouxTheDay »

A pretty reliable source just told me that Aretha Franklin cancelled for tomorrow because of the oil.
Earth Wind and Fire will be closing the day instead.
bam bam

Re: Jazz Fest

Post by bam bam »

I am sure I am going to get an infuriating green energy lecture from Eddie Vedder on Saturday.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Kinda like the lecture about Sarah Palin from Marc Stone at French Quarter Fest?
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

That wasn't infuriating because it was so dumb and predictable and lame. I just didn't want to listen to it.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Arethat is a cancel. Because of the oild spill? That is a lame excuse. I am not going anyway. I did go yesterday, and while I had a great time, I am almost ready to offically say that I am "over" jazzfest. My kids love it and will fill my shoes, but I can't see me going out more than two days, ever again.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

justagirl wrote:Kinda like the lecture about Sarah Palin from Marc Stone at French Quarter Fest?
I wrote off Marc Stone after he gave an idiotic lecture at Old Point about how we MUST get Obomb elected. Glad I hadn't put any bucks in his bucket, cause I sure as hell would have walked right up and took it back before walking out. Never walked in again when he was there. What a jerk.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

RouxTheDay wrote:A pretty reliable source just told me that Aretha Franklin cancelled for tomorrow because of the oil.
Earth Wind and Fire will be closing the day instead.
the irony!
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Actually EC, there was some delicious irony on tap. During Galactic's set, an airplane flew over head carrying a banner "Stop Drilling Text Oil to 5555".

Notwithstanding the fact that it required a boatload of oil to fly the sign overhead, Dear Leader had already stopped drilling in the Gulf on Thursday.

Liberals are so dumb, I cannot stand it.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

edible complex wrote:the irony!
When Roux first emailed me that, I thought it was a joke too. But then I remembered she cancels often, unless it's for the president.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
JRO

Post by JRO »

justagirl wrote:Kinda like the lecture about Sarah Palin from Marc Stone at French Quarter Fest?
I gave up listening to him during last presidential election. he was spewing about Palin one night at Old Point. If your job is playing music shut up & play