Does Anybody Trade Stocks Here?

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Shep

Does Anybody Trade Stocks Here?

Post by Shep »

Just wondering if any traders here that dabble in the market.
Titchou

Re: Does Anybody Trade Stocks Here

Post by Titchou »

I only do mutual funds....no individual stocks.
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Mutual Funds here to, Shep... on a lark. I've been cringing looking at my monthly statements for the past couple of years.... :(

However, opened them up today for a very pleasant surprise. :)

It took alot of guts for me to move a small amount of money out of CDs into the stock market. Dunno if I could handle the pressure of "trading".... I'd probably stroke-out.

Happy Friday, gang! :toast:
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Shep

Post by Shep »

Yes, mutual funds go down fast but rebound slow. I love trading stocks but, I would not want to post things that are of no interest to others. I just figured I would ask.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Mutual funds regularly. :cool:

Not in the >$1 Meg category to dabble in stocks.:covri:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
EatinAintCheatin

Re: Does Anybody Trade Stocks Here?

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Shep,

I used to dabble quite a bit in the pharmaceuticals (stocks that is ;-)). I did quite well with them. Then I decided to try the tech stocks (Microsoft, Oracle, etc.). Didn't do that well with them. I still hold a few and occasionally trade but don't have the time during the day to do it.

But if you're offering up some info I'm all ears.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Shep

Post by Shep »

LOL about your tech experience, in 2000 I was riding high on tech profits that would never end. I was in Napa drinking wine and spending some of those profits when my world started to crash. I told myself never again and became a bit more cautious. I am much more commodity driven right now but the last half of 2008 was a great opportunity even in Microsoft and Oracle. My biggest winners since that time, ainv, tgb, dow, oil, apu. You could have thrown a dart and hit a winner but, it was pretty frightening to pick up the dart when things are that bad.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

My latest area is telecommunications. Specifically, VoIP and Long Distance. I was lucky to get in on a ppo (private public offering, for qualified investors). It's pretty much long term though. Now I wait for 3 years and hope that one of the big boys buy it.

My biggest winner was Immunex (which is now owned by Amgen). I bought in just before the FDA approved Enbrel (the arthritis drug). It paid my son's high school tuition.

But now with Obama Care I wouldn't touch pharms....though there may be some opportunity. I just don't know enough on effect it will have.

And yes, I lost my a$$ when the techs tanked.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx