The 2010 Census

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Shep

The 2010 Census

Post by Shep »

Who has decided to answer all the questions? Why is it their business if I own my house, free and clear or have a mortgage? I will refuse to answer most of the questions, including race, phone number and whether or not I owe on it. I will tell them how many people live in the house but I fought for my freedom to maintain my privacy from govt.
Pas Bon

Re: The 2010 Census

Post by Pas Bon »

While I certainly agree with you, that it's none of the governments damn business....

According to United States Code, Title 13 (Census), Chapter 7 (Offenses and Penalties), SubChapter II, if you're over 18 and refuse to answer all or part of the Census, or refuse to respond to a follow-up census taker, you can be fined up to $100. If you give false answers, you're subject to a fine of up to $500.
Shep

Post by Shep »

No false answers, just a lack of answers. Less than $10 a month, it's a deal to not give answers to which is nobody's business but mine. My name and how many people live in the house, that is a census.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I was "bold" and didn't give them our phone number. *LOL*

During the last census, my maw in Slidell got one of the huge surveys. I said "SCREW IT".... gave 'em the number of residents.... 1.

Stuck in a note that she was in her eighties, and it was too much bullsh*t for an old gal to fill out.

A few weeks later, she had a knock on the door. :( They're relentless.
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

How are you "guys" able to fill out your forms so soon? :o

The first question on my form is "How many people were... ...on April 1, 2010?"

Since April 1, 2010 aint here yet, how can I honestly (legally) answer this question? :confused:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

That gave me a chuckle, too.... :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

I'm with this guy.

"The Census is Getting Personal"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDhkPym01k
Alex

Post by Alex »

Shep wrote:Who has decided to answer all the questions? Why is it their business if I own my house, free and clear or have a mortgage? I will refuse to answer most of the questions, including race, phone number and whether or not I owe on it. I will tell them how many people live in the house but I fought for my freedom to maintain my privacy from govt.
All of this government intrusion is causing me great concern.
Sine qua non
buzd

Post by buzd »

Alex wrote:All of this government intrusion is causing me great concern.
FWIW, over the last century, the census has asked for much more information than it does today.
Shep

Post by Shep »

buzd wrote:FWIW, over the last century, the census has asked for much more information than it does today.
It's the first time that I have taken their threats serious, of retaliation by fines etc. I have thrown the form away in the past with no fear, I fear the people in control right now. They have made it perfectly clear that they will do what ever they please, no matter what the citizens want. I have seen this in other countries, you would be wise to fear these people.