TOB

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
justagirl

Re: TOB

Post by justagirl »

OH good, thanks Jon. She's sweet.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

Last post on the Food board was at 6.59 am and it's 10.24 am now. Fading fast.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
BTG

Post by BTG »

café au lait wrote:Last post on the Food board was at 6.59 am and it's 10.24 am now. Fading fast.

I love it.

Lorin was pretty strongly defending TOB yesterday. I don't understand why.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Our impression was that she was more standing up for Kimba. Still being affiliated with them, she's got to take the prudent course, and not knock the place, at least publicly. We were always just perplexed as to whether it was a matter of they wouldn't, couldn't, or weren't being allowed to address the issues.
bucket2

Post by bucket2 »

What is "TOB"?
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

bucket2 wrote:What is "TOB"?
"The Other Board"
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

Politics as usual.

That forum has been through numerous incarnations, for no apparent reason, and all destructive to prior content.
Pleas for help, and questions to admins have all gone unheeded.
As soon as the dust settles, and the audience has finally adjusted, the software is changed again. And again. And yet again.

Typical Dilbert management intervention, attempting a solution to a problem that doesn't exist; change for change's sake.

Oh well.
Stupid is as stupid does.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

The Admin here reminds me of Charlie (for those who aren;t wee tikes and remember) Charlie's Angels tv show, they always talked to Charlie through the "box" All the viewer saw was the back of his head, and a bikini clad chick delivering him a Martini.

So, we don't know if the Admin is Charlie like, or the chick, but great job nonetheless!
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
ChoWeb

Post by ChoWeb »

Mac da Knife wrote:Politics as usual.

That forum has been through numerous incarnations, for no apparent reason, and all destructive to prior content.
Pleas for help, and questions to admins have all gone unheeded.
As soon as the dust settles, and the audience has finally adjusted, the software is changed again. And again. And yet again.

Typical Dilbert management intervention, attempting a solution to a problem that doesn't exist; change for change's sake.

Oh well.
Stupid is as stupid does.
It's changed owners a few times too. I remember the change when Sal was still an admin. Now again.
Alex

Post by Alex »

ChoWeb wrote:It's changed owners a few times too. I remember the change when Sal was still an admin. Now again.
It changed owners once, and that was recently, but the company has had many, many, many changes in management. I started there as a web developer and three weeks later became CTO by default!
Sine qua non