Got My Baklava at Byblos Market

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
globe9

Got My Baklava at Byblos Market

Post by globe9 »

I went over to Byblos Market on Sunday to pick up some baklava, on the advice of some forum members. I ordered 5 pieces. The man behind the counter got the Baklava from a large bakery box behind the counter. I couldn't read what the box said on top.

I ate a piece when I got home and it was heavenly. I am wondering if Byblos makes their own baklava, or if they buy it somewhere. If they purchase it from a bakery, I'd like to know which one, b/c this was very good. The box makes me think they buy it, b/c if they made it themselves, wouldn't they just put it on a tray or something, instead of buying bakery boxes?
Suzy Wong

Re: Got My Baklava at Byblos Market

Post by Suzy Wong »

Whole Foods Uptown also has it, as does Lebanon Cafe on Carrollton....
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
globe9

Post by globe9 »

Thanks Suzy. I'll check to see if the Whole Foods in Metairie has it next time I'm over there.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Our guess is that Byblos buys it, from where we're not sure, either. We usually don't do dessert at lunch, but on occasion, the manager offers us one gratis from the pastry server by the register when we check out.