Middendorf's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
JonSmith

Middendorf's

Post by JonSmith »

Anybody been since it has come under German rule? (ha)

My family is from St. John Parish, so growing up Sunday lunch at Middendorf's was a regular thing.

Has anyone been since the Pfeiffers (sp?) have taken over? I'm eager to go but just haven't made the time.
justagirl

Re: Middendorf's

Post by justagirl »

I've been a couple times with Jeeves and Mrs Fury. Mrs Fury has connections there...so we got to see the chicken coup and other cool stuff.

The food was good as it was before. They didn't change anything...cuz, after all, it wasn't broke.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

I've been countless times since Horst & Karen have bought the place. He has made subtle changes for the better. If you had these in the past you should now try the gumbo, cocktail sauce and remoulade sauce. I don't like the stuffed crab but some do. He's built a deck out over the water where you can order some of the menu items, not all. There's also an albino catfish pond. No, they don't eat the catfish from the pond. His heirloom tomato garden is lovely but not really open to the public.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
café au lait

Post by café au lait »

I think it's a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the modern world. When I'm there, I'm transported back to an earlier time when all you needed was a good, solid fish/seafood place for a good dinner out. We go from time to time just to get away for a fun, casual meal.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Middendorf's has been fine tuned by Chef Horst and his lovely bride, Karen. As JAG said, nothing was broke so they didn't "fix it". I recommend it highly for a trip back in time for great seafood in a setting reminiscent of West End Park.

See their website at http://www.middendorfsrestaurant.com and check the gallery for one of Jeeves' own photographs of the banners over Pass Manchac.
JRO

Post by JRO »

I've been a couple of times recently, found it to be as good as ever. Kind of hard for me to critique the food I only get one thing when I go, thin fried catfish. Love it.