Cuvee

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
jodyrah

Cuvee

Post by jodyrah »

I've had a $100 gift certificate for over a year. For some reason this place has been off my radar yet I've always enjoyed my meals there. Anyone been lately? Their site has been under construction forever.
justagirl

Re: Cuvee

Post by justagirl »

They've had some Chef flopping as of late. Bob "retired" new chef took over (she'd been in the kitchen with Bob for years). Then she moved on, Bob came back, now new chef is in.

Since it's not 'real' money, I suggest go and take one for the team and let us all know how they are doing. :) It's a great place and I've had many meals there, but haven't been in about 2 years, since just before Bob left the first time.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

It's been about that long for me too. I just can't get my husband interested...there's always somewhere (anywhere) else he'd rather eat.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Are you asking me out?

;)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
buzd

Post by buzd »

I went a few weeks ago. App was roasted golden beets with some greens on a creme fraiche with mint oil Outstanding.

Entree was rack of lamb. I think it was on some potatoes and a vegetable - I don't recall. Lamb was perfect medium rare and very tasty. Bread pudding for desert.

Everyone was really pleased with their meal. Servings were well sized and well presented. Cuvee seems to be clicking right now.
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

Maybe another time, Jag. My son is a great stand in for his dad.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I was just playing :)

I'm anxious to know how it is though. I hope you will report back. Buzd's dishes sound great.
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

Jag, His dinner sounded good to me as well. Lamb is not my husband's favorite. I was hoping for something that would entice him...like a tasting menu or at least several interesting apps. I check their site regularly for menus. It's been down a really long time.
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

One of their standout dishes, which I'd assume would probably still be on the menu in some form, is the duck three ways......confit, grilled breast & foie gras w/ wild mushroom & walnut risotto.
dansteino

Post by dansteino »

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/20 ... _at_c.html

Isaac is a way cool dude. I know the front of the house really digs him.

I was planning on going next weekend to give it a try.