Sukho Thai Uptown

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Gourmondo

Sukho Thai Uptown

Post by Gourmondo »

I hope this is a good transition 'cause I've really liked Sukho Thai in the Marigny and we are still short on good Thai places uptown (well, all over town, really). I met my wife at a Thai restaurant (the long-gone Thai House on Canal St.) and we did our honeymoon in Thailand, so Thai restaurants are always a sentimental hit with me.

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/20 ... river.html
justagirl

Re: Sukho Thai Uptown

Post by justagirl »

This is very good news!
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
ratcheese

Post by ratcheese »

Gourmondo wrote:I hope this is a good transition 'cause I've really liked Sukho Thai in the Marigny and we are still short on good Thai places uptown (well, all over town, really). I met my wife at a Thai restaurant (the long-gone Thai House on Canal St.) and we did our honeymoon in Thailand, so Thai restaurants are always a sentimental hit with me.

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf/20 ... river.html
re: Thai Uptown. You have to try the little Thai place next to Cooter Brown's; its a hidden gem. The one further up Carrolton is good, too. I will certainly try the spot you mentioned as I've never been there before. Thanks.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

ratcheese wrote:re: Thai Uptown. You have to try the little Thai place next to Cooter Brown's; its a hidden gem. The one further up Carrolton is good, too. I will certainly try the spot you mentioned as I've never been there before. Thanks.
I've been to the place by Cooter's a number of times. It's not bad, but like the Basil Leaf, it never quite does it for me. On the other hand, both are better than La Thai on Prytania, which has been a consistent disappointment since the opening.
Cocktailtime

Post by Cocktailtime »

Isn't La Thai more of a fusion Thai place? I thought it wasn't designed to be straight traditional Thai. I have been multiple times and enjoyed, but felt like I knew I wasn't getting a true traditional Thai food. Just my two cents.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I went to te Basil Leaf in Mandeville for lunch Wednesday. I had a soft shell crab special, servced with fried rice with 6 nice size (16-20's probably, or larger). The dish was fabulouys, every part of it. Delicous. $17.95 and worth every penny and more. That was my first time to go there and I will go back soon (this coming week). I hope everything there is aas good as that was.

On another note, I had lunch (to go) from Thai Thai Thursday. Chicken Cashew Nut, while prepared well, did not have a lot of flavor, and not nearly enough heat (I did not specify how hot I wanted it, so I guewss, my bad, but this was really bland. First time there in a while, but have been many times (I first ran into Ricky at Thai Pepper, back in about 2004 or so). Needless to say, I was disappointed.