Red Light Cameras in Jeff. Parish

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
EatinAintCheatin

Red Light Cameras in Jeff. Parish

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Both WWLTV and NOLA.com are reporting that the cameras are being turned off while they "investigate" the contract where 3.2% of the money goes back to former N.O. council member Bryan Wagner.

One of the comments on NOLA states:

"I have gotten three and refuse to respond to any of them. There is nothing they can do. They can not suspend your drivers license because it is a civil matter. They can not find you in contempt and put a warrant out because it is not a subpoena to appear in court or an order from a JUDGE. They can not put it on you credit report because it is specifically against the Louisiana civil code."

Can any of you lawyers tell me if there's any truth to this?
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
bam bam

Re: Red Light Cameras in Jeff. Parish

Post by bam bam »

Two out of three ain't bad. They can absolutely suspend your driver's license for failing to pay a red light ticket.
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

i got one on vets over a year ago. i threw it in the trash. havent heard anything else.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

It seems to me that if the tickets are sent to your house via USPS then there's no guarantee that you will get it. The Post Office could lose the letter, deliver it to the wrong address, etc. I also wondered this about jury summons; but now, I've been told, they actually ring your door bell and personally hand you the summons.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Alex

Post by Alex »

These cameras should be made illegal as they are in Mississippi.
Sine qua non