Bacco White Truffle Dinner

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Pas Bon

Bacco White Truffle Dinner

Post by Pas Bon »

Has anyone tried Bacco's "White Truffle Dinner"? Planning on going tomorrow night.

Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
Warm spices, black truffles, homemade crème fraiche, shaved Alba white truffles
~or~
Truffled Honey & Pomegranate Salad
Baby greens, Taleggio cheese, toasted walnuts, shaved Alba white truffles
~or~
Bacco Truffled Egg
Grilled ciabbata, rosemary gorgonzola cream, black truffles, shaved Alba white truffles
Veal Osso Buco $65
Risotto Milanese, veal reduction, gremolata, shaved Alba white truffles
~or~
Seared Duck Breast $55
Black truffle butter, pumpkin gnocchi, housemade guanciale, shaved Alba white truffles
~or~
Black Truffle Fettuccini $45
Fresh pasta, truffle mushroom puree, Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved Alba white truffles
Toffee Pecan Bread Pudding
Chocolate chunks, bourbon toffee sauce, candied pecans
~or~
Miele Di Acacia Ricotta Cheesecake
Fresh ricotta, artisanal Italian honey, caramelized honey and Louisiana Satsuma sauce
Isabella Maja

Re: Bacco White Truffle Dinner

Post by Isabella Maja »

I've not had it this year. I did have a birthday celebration one year where we did the truffle meal. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Everything was very good however, the truffled egg was out of this world.
I have a big thing for eggs & this was definitely in the top 5 eggs I've ever eaten.

This was pre-K and the chef at the time I believe was named James. He later got badly burned in a kitchen accident. I don't know what ever happened to him. He was very gracious & really made my birthday celebration a very special event.

I'd be interested in hearing about anyone's experience.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

I want to do the dinner after having a great lunch there last week. I had the vermouth steamed mussels. These come in a tomato/onion/garlic broth that you can soak up with the ciabatta bread - nothing but good. For the entree, I had the shrimp and lobster ravioli in the champagne butter sauce with caviar atop it. Chef came out and shaved the white truffles on that - really, really good. With the house pinot grigio to wash it down, I was a happy camper.
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

Ate at Bacco for the White Truffle dinner Saturday night. While it was very good, we had better dinners at Domenica and Clancy's (Sunday & Monday). The Bacco dinner was also considerably more expensive than the other two. The winner of that meal was the egg appetizer. Killer! I then had the osso buco and my wife had the duck. Both dishes were very good (the risotto was especially good), but the truffles really didn't bring anything to the party (unlike the egg dish). We both finished with the bread pudding, which was pedestrian. We had the wine pairing, which complimented the meal. Again, while very good, at $190 pre-tip, I can find a much better meal for $200 elsewhere.

Domenica Sunday night. I have to say, I'm probably in the minority when I say I prefer Domenica to a Mano. Started with the mushroom pizza and the octopus carpaccio. Both of these were wicked good. We then shared the spinach and ricotta gnocchi and the goat braciole. Both winners. At $109 pre-tip (with a bottle of Valpolicella), a freakin' bargain.

Monday night, Clancy's. Seated upstairs (damn!). Turtle soup? Check! Awesome! Sweetbreads? Hell yeah! Lick the plate. Crab salad? Meh. The one clunker. Nothing special. Wife had the fish special, grilled mahi w/crab and a satsuma sauce. Served with the best brabant potatoes I've ever had. I had the veal w/crab and bernaise sauce. Righteous. Finished with the lemon icebox pie, which didn't disappoint. Bottle of Fume Blanc. Pre-tip, $150. Worth every penny.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I wonder if anyone else is going or would like to go to this dinner?
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

bam bam wrote:I wonder if anyone else is going or would like to go to this dinner?
Do I look like a trout? Because you don't look like a croaker....
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I am much better looking than a croaker.
TulaneRebel

Post by TulaneRebel »

What does a white truffle smell like?
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

TulaneRebel wrote:What does a white truffle smell like?
They're rather pungent in taste and aroma.....though, pleasingly so. Nothing else smells like it.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

TulaneRebel wrote:What does a white truffle smell like?

Is this another baiting question? Are you looking for Fitzmorris's answer...Like a woman....
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."