How is there no Saints post yet?

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
Gourmondo

Re: How is there no Saints post yet?

Post by Gourmondo »

bam bam wrote:Best win in the 20 years, I have lived here.

As bad as they looked early on, to comeback and win scoring 36 points in the second half is amazing. Enjoy this season. We aren't likely to get another one like it in our lifetime.
Amazing football yesterday. I'd still rank it second (at least until the post-season) to the first game of '06 against Atlanta just 'cause that one was just so emotional. But in terms of actual game play, this one topped that one.

This season is so special, like one of those incredible meals you talk about for the rest of your life, where every element of the experience aligns to create something truly phenomenal. This year is going to be talked about here for a long, long time. Eat it up, people.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Schuarta wrote:Out here in the high desert, no one ran the Saints game. Even my new "does all" ATT U-verse.

Is there any way to (re)watch a NFL game after it has been played/broadcast?
Someone must have taped it.
I'll mail you a copy if one turns up...
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
JRO

Post by JRO »

Jerry wrote:Someone must have taped it.
I'll mail you a copy if one turns up...

NFL network will replay this game for sure this week, every evening
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Jerry wrote:Where's dem ersters?

During Saints games Acme has them...........now I see they are now offering them also Mon-Thur 3-6. (Acme where old Boule' used to be over here on Northshore). They were nice sized and almost salty enough....but that will only be getting better.

Had fun.....drank and ate several dozen and cheered...........tab for 2 was only $41! (husband also got the half fried oyster poboy and cup of oyster rockefeller soup..which he did not share but said was good).

Not too shabby. If I had drank 2 for 1 big drafts it would have been cheaper but I would have had a major headache I am sure......... :)
#7 throw away to do list.

Post by #7 throw away to do list. »

anyone notice the song played after every dolphins score is "fins" by jimmy buffet? how awful it must be to endure that noise polution. buffet is the worst no-talent hack out there. and to think people thought black players would have an issue playing for limbaugh. imagine telling your podnahs that "fins" gets played after you score a td.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

#7 throw away to do list. wrote:anyone notice the song played after every dolphins score is "fins" by jimmy buffet? how awful it must be to endure that noise polution. buffet is the worst no-talent hack out there. and to think people thought black players would have an issue playing for limbaugh. imagine telling your podnahs that "fins" gets played after you score a td.
While I do not purchase all of his records as I did earlier in his career, I must say that Buffett is not a no-talent hack. I have not been abig fan since the beginning of the "parrott head" crap. But, I was a big fan in the 70's and into the early 80's (up to the Floridays album). I'll admit that there is too much of a circus atmosphere and too many "parrott heads" prevailing at his shows these days. However, back when it was about the music, not the party, Jimmy consistently put out great records and shows. I saw him many times in the 70's and early 80's. He is very talented and clever. He writes decent novels also.

I guess what I am saying, is that even though I am not a big Buffett fan these days, I beg to differ that he is a no-talent hack.
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

#7,
For shame, man.
Have a listen to Changes In Attitudes...from 1977.

Great album.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

JRO wrote:
.....NFL network will replay this game for sure this week, every evening......

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, JRO! :bow:

I didn't know I got the NFL Network for the level of my subscription, but there it is - Channel 630. And on PLAYBOOK at 6:00 pm EDT (3:00 pm PDT), today, they will be specifically analyzing THE GAME, and then later comes THE GAME on the NFL REPLAYS at 8:00 pm EDT (5:00 pm PDT).

You're (I'm) never too old to learn! :toast:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Woah!

I really liked the first 5 years of work.
Had them all from 1973-White Sport Coat thru 1978-Son of a Sailor. I walked the plank after I heard Cheeseburger in Paradise, which is second behind Fins as the cheeysest songs ever.

Now you want to talk horrible...I am buying Bob Dylan's Christmas Album for friends joke gifts. Give a listen. You have never heard anything as bad as this!!! :D
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Schuarta wrote:Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, JRO! :bow:

I didn't know I got the NFL Network for the level of my subscription, but there it is - Channel 630. And on PLAYBOOK at 6:00 pm EDT (3:00 pm PDT), today, they will be specifically analyzing THE GAME, and then later comes THE GAME on the NFL REPLAYS at 8:00 pm EDT (5:00 pm PDT).

You're (I'm) never too old to learn! :toast:
I'm SO glad that JRO turned you onto that, Art. I spent about 30 minutes searching the internet for you today without any luck. Enjoy, baby! :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."