Blue Plate

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
justagirl

Blue Plate

Post by justagirl »

After making a horrible suggestion last weekend for breakfast, I had to redeem myself. Bam agreed to Blue Plate when I suggested it even though I thought he didn't really like the place. So I was sweating and hoping it was going to be good.

For the same price as the disaster last weekend, this was so much better. We left full and happy.

I had the Northshore omelette with hashbrowns and toast. Bam had a special omelette with shrimp, smoked sausage and mushrooms with this wonderful cream sauce. We shared a blueberry biscuit as well. Coffee was pretty good.

The place was packed and we were in and out fairly quickly. It was a pleasurable experience.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bam bam

Re: Blue Plate

Post by bam bam »

You are allowed a mulligan. Just don't let it happen again.

Anyway, what we had was great but some of the food there is bizarre. There's no reason ever to eat lettuce at breakfast. It's like they want to straddle the line between a big greasy, hangover breakfast and having fru fru items and it just doesn't work.

Regardless, this morning was the best experience, I've had there in a number of years.
jshushan

Post by jshushan »

I've liked Blue Plate for some time. I have lunch there every couple of weeks. I've done the breakfast several times.

I've always liked the place. She's not going to reinvent the wheel or anything but the basics have been good. I like the "Swine Divine" at lunch. Pork loin stuffed with feta and spinach, served with roasted potatos and veggies. At breakfast, the stuff which involves the creamed spinach has been good. The place isn't going get me there every day but it's definately in my ten or so rotation for lunch spots.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
nikinik

Post by nikinik »

When we went, I loved my dish (crawfish cakes) but hubby didn't care for his french toast.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

nikinik wrote:When we went, I loved my dish (crawfish cakes) but hubby didn't care for his french toast.
ditto the crawfish cakes
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Where is Blue Plate located?
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

Hobbes wrote:Where is Blue Plate located?
On Prytania, at Thalia.
Blue Cross Sux

Post by Blue Cross Sux »

I don't know. The place has always left me less than impressed. I've been around a half dozen times over the years. Everything always reads well on the menu and looks good when they set down the plates. But that's where my enjoyment starts to tail off.

I've never had a bad meal there, just never a great one or even a really good one. At least they're consistent.
paz5559

Post by paz5559 »

I went to Coulis yesterday, and was VERY impressed
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Pazz, i went to Coulis today and loved it.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."