a Mano

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
flyinbayou

a Mano

Post by flyinbayou »

I just received an email from RioMar introducing their new italian restaurant, 'a Mano'. Described the type of food and location (870 Tchoupitoulas) but not much else.
Anybody have the inside scoop as to when they will open?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
edible complex

Re: a Mano

Post by edible complex »

they're open.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

They are open as EC says. Bam and I dined there last Thursday evening and a few other forum members on Friday and Saturday night.

Here is a post I made on another forum:

We started with the Charcuterie Plate, the duck prosciutto was amazing. All the meats were excellent, better then the plate at Domenica in our opinions. We ordered the same wine here we had at Domenica: Castello delle Regine "Podernovo".

We also ordered the Grilled Bread with Ricotta and Chili oil: yummy!

Sitting next to us was a cook from Rio Mar and his date. They were kind enough to share with us a few dishes: the Shrimp dish which was absolutely freaking out of this world and the Pasta with Lamb Ragu which I thought was excellent. They were also eating the Orrechiette when we got there that looked great and they said they highly recommend it. That’s first on my list for next time.

We had the Gnudi which was good and very cheesy.

I can not wait to go back.

I know this place is newly opened but it's spot on already. Everything that came out of the kitchen while we were there last night was beautiful. The staff was on target, absolutely flawless. Chef Adolpho knows what he's doing and it shows.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

Went last weekend. I really enjoyed my dinner. Started with the charcuterie plate and the rabbit for entree. Very good. Chef Adolfo was there for the beginning of our meal, and made the rounds of saying hello to many tables.

Will go back.
Yvette
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I couldn't wait, went back again last night. This place was hopping. Packed, amazing energy buzzing and everything: food, drinks, service, everything was spot on perfect. This place is a gem.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

Except for the fact that the maitre'd had no clue who we were and I needed to bigtime our way into a table. However, I think that problem has been handled.
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

justagirl wrote:I couldn't wait, went back again last night. This place was hopping. Packed, amazing energy buzzing and everything: food, drinks, service, everything was spot on perfect. This place is a gem.
Damn, thought about going back there last night. We ended up at Restaurant One instead. If I knew you were there, I would have gone there.

Restaurant One was fun though, my oldest son ended up meeting us there, three bottles of wine! My head still hurts a little today.:covri:
Yvette
MindyMoo

Post by MindyMoo »

Where can I see that menu online? Or can someone email me the introductory email? Sounds goooood...
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

JAG had one at one time.
Yvette
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Mindy, I emailed it to you.