LSU's Football Facilities

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
RouxTheDay

LSU's Football Facilities

Post by RouxTheDay »

BTG

Re: LSU's Football Facilities

Post by BTG »

Very impressive Roux. LSU has one of the best strenght and conditioning programs in the country and now I see why.
The S&C coach has been on the staffs for 3 teams that have won a combined 4 national championship. Tommy Moffit is the best in the business.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

Makes the med school look like a piece of ****. No wonder they don't have any money left over to build that damn hospital!!
BTG

Post by BTG »

I am sure you are joking, but pretty much everything that goes into that football program is through private dollars via ticket prices, donations, etc As a matter of fact, the athelitic department has been asked to try to fork over more money that usual to the academic side recently.
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

I was told that the "TAF" (Tiger Athletic Foundation) solicits donations from alumnae and subsequently distributes money to each program based on its percentage of money generated by that program. So if football generates 85% of the money, it gets 85% of the donations. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm assuming that if David Toms donates $10,000 it all goes to golf but you get the picture.

It's strange to think that the baseball and basketball teams (swimming, golf, volleyball, track, etc...)don't get to use these facilities which I would imagine go unused in the football off-season. ....what a waste.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I am not sure if those are the exact payouts for those programs, but you are close.
The athletic department does fund the smaller sports programs quite well and they do have nice weight rooms and training facilities also.

Another huge money maker for schools like LSU is the tv contracts. That is probably the biggest money maker for the athletic department.

tv contracts, sponsership deals, ticket sells, donations, etc make for a very well funded football program.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Not an LSU alumni, but I have a little familiarity with Penn State, my old school (class of '63). The "take" from football - ticket sales, TV and other rights, donations, etc. - is in the 90% plus range for sports at PSU, and literally supports every other sport played by the students at PSU. (PS. I haven't seen the current team facilities.)

The LSU facilities in the video are very nice.
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."