Strange experience at Sante Fe

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Yvette

Strange experience at Sante Fe

Post by Yvette »

Had lunch today at Sante Fe, it was horrible. Three of us, one being my son, who is a Personal Chef.

Started off nice enough, very good chips, salsa and guac. All good, with each of us having a margarita, also good. They also have very nice weight napkins. Another pet peeve of mine with too thin napkins that you need to use 10 napkins for a meal.

I ordered chili relleno, son had chicken enchilada, Mother had pork burrito. When it came, Mother's looked okay, but mine and my son's was swimming in water not a sauce but water. The chicken tasted old, the rice was bland and the beans unrecognizable. We surmised that the lunch was pre cooked and stuck in a microwave, as the chicken rendered water from being frozen.

All three of us took a couple of bites and decided not to eat any of it. Waitress comes back, we tell her the food is inedible. She just says, "oh, okay, do you want coffee and dessert" HUH???

*****forgot to add, she says "I guess that means you don't want a go box?"

We told her, just let the Chef know the food was really terrible and show him the water its sitting in.

She takes away the food and we just sit there to talk and finish our drinks, since we had a full drink. We did not ask for a different dish, just happy to be sitting and chatting.

Waitress comes back to ask if we want another drink, no thanks, but did you show the food to the Chef? No, I didn't, I just tossed it. What!!!!

Okay, another one bites the dust.

We were not looking for a freebie, but when the bill came, thought they would take off at least one entree. No, bill was $69.00. Full price, for eating just salsa and chips. And, I gave her $15.00 tip on top of that. Can't fault the waitress for the crap that comes out of a kitchen

Paid the bill, did not complain, but geez....

As we were just sitting there talking, I took out a paper and pen to make a few notes to myself, waitress appears again. "Do you want me to bring you something else to eat?"

Clearly they have no clue.

Yvette
RouxTheDay

Re: Strange experience at Sante Fe

Post by RouxTheDay »

Bummer!
I keep hoping one of these posts will say they've got their caca together. :(
josemama

Re: Strange experience at Sante Fe

Post by josemama »

PILE ON...........my sister went monday night and likened her taco salad to dog food, hearsay only mind you.