Stella or K-Paul's?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Mrs. Fury

Stella or K-Paul's?

Post by Mrs. Fury »

I have a very special birthday coming up. We were planning on going to Stella but now I'm considering K Paul's. I have heard very good things about both. Any suggestions?
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
JRO

Post by JRO »

Never have been to Stella, but when I went to K-Pauls it was a very good experience
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I've been to K Paul's and it is very good. But like you, I've been wanting to eat at Stella! for a long time. I contacted Stella about their tasting menu and it looks amazing. K Paul just seems like a busier, more bustling place, where I think Stella would be quieter and a better 'special date' place. Not that you couldn't have a date at K Paul, I just find it louder in there.

I have been to Stella for an Iron Chef dinner, but never for Scott Boswell's cooking and I will go this summer. I will!

So Mrs Fury, where ever you decide...can I come too? JK, I was going to say, where ever you decide, please please report back to us.

When do you plan on going?
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

We are going on the 26th. I looked at K-Paul's menu and it looks great. Stella's menu is not online at the moment. I really want to try Stella but I did hear a couple of bad things from reliable sources so I am conflicted. If we're paying for an expensive dinner I want everything to be perfect. According to an email from Stella, they had some service issues in the past but they have been resolved.
www.ladayrides.com
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Ok I have made reservations at Stella. I am as happy as a little girl.
www.ladayrides.com
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Mrs. Fury wrote:I am as happy as a little girl.
Like this?:

;)
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Stella is on my list also. Never been and for some reason it just keeps falling off my radar.

I wish they had a Coolinary menu.

JAG, let me know if you decide to go and if you want company.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

You really can't go wrong at either place. But K-Paul's has always been one of my favorite restaurants. In 20 yrs, I have taken countless guests there and have never heard one iota of a complaint.

But Stella! is fun because you can yell "Stella!" at the top of your lungs whenever your DC asks you where you are heading.
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

They really are two very different cuisines. While I love them both, you have to decide what you are in the mood for. Ecclectic or Cajun? Stella is a more romantic and quiet, but nothing beats the table right across the from the kitchen watching them cook. A special treat too is when the second line band comes in through the restaurant and into the kitchen. The kitchen staff "drums" on everything, jiving and clapping and making music with pots, pans, wisks and wooden spoons. Truly a highlight for out-of-towners.
Yvette
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Thanks y'all. I want eclectic, I can get home style food anytime but I do want to try K-Paul's one day. For this birthday Stella it will be! I was kind of hoping no one would post and say they had a bad experience at Stella.
www.ladayrides.com