Boucherie

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
bam bam

Re: Boucherie

Post by bam bam »

BTG wrote:Tom is saying that exact thing right on a thread on his board about Bacco and it being inconsistant.
Bacco is more inconsistent than Reggie Bush. That isn't exactly earthshaking news. But I guess TF's world is still flat.
wish I never left

Post by wish I never left »

Just to clarify, my comment was made very much tongue in cheek and was implicitly meant to refer to Tom's criticism of others when they criticize a restaurant.
BTG

Post by BTG »

wish I never left wrote:Just to clarify, my comment was made very much tongue in cheek and was implicitly meant to refer to Tom's criticism of others when they criticize a restaurant.

Oh, I knew what you were doing. That is why I pointed out that he is taking that route on a current thread.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Just for the record, I wish the folks at Boucherie well.
I hope they make it.

And will also say I'd still like to find the Que Crawl Truck & give it a go.
I tried this past Monday night (as well as others) in front of MiMi's to no avail.

The more I think about it, the more I feel I just don't fit the demographic of this restaurant. The reality of it is somewhat mildy mindblowing, but I find the more I'm out of this demographic - the less I care!
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

3 of us ate here tonight and I loved it.
We shared 3 small plates:
boudin balls-much more meat than rice-delicious.
shrimp and grit fries-the shrimp were extremely tasty.
fois gras-amazing but too small to split 3 ways...I wanted more.
We also had 2 entrees:
duck-sorry I forgot the adjectives used on the menu. Not earth shaking but very good.
smoked scallops-very nice portion(6) and I loved the pasta served under it but I have no idea what it was.
Then we had the dessert trio which I loved and I'm not a big dessert person: chess pie, Krispy Kreme bread pudding and a chocolate bacon brownie...all fantastic.
All of the above with 2 bottles of wine was only $55ish per person including tip.
We arrived at 6:30 and had to sit at the bar because the place was packed and booked all night. Chris, the bartender took great care of us.
I was shocked to read the above comments after searching for this thread...sounds like a different place. I hope tonight wasn't a fluke.
I'll go back.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

".....we have only had two upscale openings this year and Coquette is for douchebags....." :chuckle: Such douchbaggery! LOL! If you liked that bacon brownie, stop in Donnie Link's Swine Bar on Andrew Higgins Drive and pick up one of his Bacon Pralines. Such salty, sweet, smoky goodness.

Best duck breast I've had lately is Martin Wine Cellar's grilled duck breast with collards. In the take-out section. Call first to see if it's on special, not available every day.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Y'all threw me off with the old dates on here. I've always loved this place. I always try to get my co-workers to go here but they insist we alternate lunch sites since we don't get to go out much. :rolleyes:
Do they still have the purple truck and where does it hang out these days?