Message from TOB

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
dragongrrl

Re: Message from TOB

Post by dragongrrl »

café au lait wrote:dragon, they're talking about the board with archives before the June changeover. That's when LnS told them how to rectify the archives problem, about 18 months ago that change occurred.
Yes, I figured that. When it first went up I went over there and read quite a bit, especially around Katrina. It was fascinating. I meant to go back and read more and copy some recipes, so I'm still hoping they'll resurrect it again.

"I also find it interesting that the mass exodus from that forum, along with the introduction of their new software, coincided with Feng going off her anti-depressants."

I call her Fang Shui, but that might just be my southern accent.
Now this is more like it.
buzd

Post by buzd »

I'm sure I'm the only one, but I miss Feng.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I tried several times to comply with their emailed instructions to "reset my password", they keep kicking out the email address I registered with. Screw 'em.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

I received an email at the address in my account, telling me I needed to click the supplied link in order to reset my password. The link had my same email address visible at the end of it. So far, I have used that same link over a dozen times without success. Posts by admins at TOB seem to indicate that those having trouble are only those who changed the email address in their account to something bogus, in order to stop the receipt of system-generated emails. All that tells me is those are the users who should have never received the password reset email at all, and it is only they who should be experiencing a problem. Apparently, that is not the case.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Low-N-Slow wrote:I received an email at the address in my account, telling me I needed to click the supplied link in order to reset my password. The link had my same email address visible at the end of it. So far, I have used that same link over a dozen times without success. Posts by admins at TOB seem to indicate that those having trouble are only those who changed the email address in their account to something bogus, in order to stop the receipt of system-generated emails. All that tells me is those are the users who should have never received the password reset email at all, and it is only they who should be experiencing a problem. Apparently, that is not the case.

I was able to reset my password without a glitch as have several others. I will say, the mailer system was running a bit slow as it took the system about 30 minutes to send me the automated reply. I was also able to create a new account fairly easily. About as easy as it was to set up a new account here.

If you were clicking the link over and over, then you might (i used the word might, a word with a subjective meaning) have locked out your account and now only an admin can unlock it and.

As for a bad email address being a problem, thatis merely one of many things that could cause the system to break down and not send you the link, which you got, but couldn't get it reset. Did the page open up when you clicked the link? What was on the page if it did. If the page didn't, then sounds like you might have something wrong in the file assocations with your machine. If the link was truncated, then you might have to actually cut and paste it into the address bar to make it work properly.

hope this helps.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Did all that. Both ways. File associations? No. Link not truncated. Took me to password reset page with email address in link already filled in. Pressed button. Returned me to forum home page. You get locked out by supplying the wrong password too many times, not by trying to have a reset link emailed to your registered address.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
foodieCon

Post by foodieCon »

Low-N-Slow wrote:Did all that. Both ways. File associations? No. Link not truncated. Took me to password reset page with email address in link already filled in. Pressed button. Returned me to forum home page. You get locked out by supplying the wrong password too many times, not by trying to have a reset link emailed to your registered address.
Interesting. That's the same process I went thru, and after about 30 minutes, I had an email with a new password in it sitting in my mailbox. the system had reset it and I loged in with the new password and then changed it to what I wanted.

I know Leigh is in the process of getting the old archives back up on the new server. We were talking about it earlier. Hopefully he can find a minute and get your account squared away.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

The archives are back up (for the SMF forum). Currently, you can even still log in and read your PMs.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Low-N-Slow wrote:The archives are back up (for the SMF forum). Currently, you can even still log in and read your PMs.
http://forums.neworleans.com/forum/index.php?board=38.0

link to the food board archive threads
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Link isn't working anymore. Wonder what the hang up is.
Now this is more like it.