American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Admin

Re: American Idol

Post by Admin »

An altogether less-than-satisfying episode. Adam: karaoke Zeppelin, if there is such a thing. I was less-than-impressed. I guess, given the circumstances, GnR was too much to hope for. Allison: I agree, bad song choice, but, like Danny, you were better in the duet. You still rock. Kris: the judges didn't hear how good you actually were. Allison should be worried. Danny: Aerosmith? What were you thinking?

"Renegade" was a great duet song choice for Kris, his vocal on that song was very reminiscent of Tommy Shaw. Danny's duet performance was actually better, IMO, than that of his solo. Both of them looked extremely uncomfortable afterwards during the judges' comments.

Adam and Allison, I thought, got an unfair advantage in the "who goes last gets remembered best" department. Danny and Kris have reason to complain.

Random thoughts: Allison looked great. The judges, across the board, were just plain stupid tonight.

Who's next to go?
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

In my dreams, Gokey goes home. I'd like it if his smug mug was voted out. In reality, Kris or maybe Allison. Hope not. Still pulling for an Adam/Allison final two.

I agree that Kris was good. I enjoy him. I like how he changes the pacing of a song, altering its sound.

Loved Adam's and Allison's solos. I wasn't as impressed with their duet as I felt, for rock, they sounded kind of polished. But they were having so much fun that I enjoyed them anyway.
Now this is more like it.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

I missed Adam and Allison's solo performances, but they both rocked their duet.
The reports out there are that the judges went nuts for Adam...maybe to make sure he gets into the finals.
Simon was on Ellen today and said he'd like to see Adam win it, as he has the most talent, originality and added "Adam Lambert is brave: I like the fact he’s fearless. He’s not playing it safe. A lot of the people that take part in these shows want to sing ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ every week because it’s a sappy song. He’s got guts.”
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I don't see Danny as smug...so, we'll agree to disagree on him. I like him..he's definitely not the best. I like them all at this point. I agree..I think Danny and Kris were definitely at a disadvantage tonight. I know Adam is amazing..but, I'm sick of hearing about it. This is beginning to remind me of the year that Reuben and Clay were in the finals....all you ever heard about was Reuben.

I thought Kris was better than what he was given credit for tonight. I wasn't that impressed with the Adam/Allison duet.

I still would have liked to see Adam do Queen!
Admin

Post by Admin »

The judges' glowing praise for a contestant doesn't necessarily translate into higher viewer votes. Conversely, the perception that a contestant has been judged too harshly can often result in viewer backlash votes.

I also don't perceive Danny as being smug about his talent. I just have to wonder, however, where that song choice came from. Maybe a knee jerk in response to Adam's choice?

And, was Simon on drugs thinking Allison should have done Queen's "Somebody To Love"? Clearly, it was the Jefferson Airplane song of the same title that was under consideration.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

In other Idol news: Apparently the stairs retracted too quick in rehearsal tonight and knocked the stage manager, Debbie, down the stairs and sent her to the hospital with "a nasty gash". She's reported to be okay. Then a glass tower exploded and sent glass flying everywhere. Rehearsal canceled.

And Constantine Maroulis was nominated for a Tony for Rock of Ages.

Constantine - total guilty pleasure of mine - is said to be surprised. "It's very surreal." Fun.
Admin

Post by Admin »

BTW, I was flipping channels this evening and caught Season 6's Jared Cotter host-botting something about No Doubt on Fuse. No Doubt and Daughtry are scheduled to appear on tomorrow night's cast-off show.
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Admin wrote:BTW, I was flipping channels this evening and caught Season 6's Jared Cotter host-botting something about No Doubt on Fuse. No Doubt and Daughtry are scheduled to appear on tomorrow night's cast-off show.
Paula is also scheduled to "sing" her new song.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Kris is safe so I guess Allison is in danger girl. That aside, for those of you who can remember Cat Ballou, Kris reminds me so much of Michael Callan.

Might have to cut and paste this link. http://www.jrinla.com/movie-reviews/cat-ballou/too-serious.jpg

http://www.americanidol.com/photos/season_8/top_13/kris_allen_gallery/
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

This is so WRONG...very disappointed.
Adam HAS to win it now.