Clementine's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Gourmondo

Clementine's

Post by Gourmondo »

With a chill in the air last night, I had a desire for mussels and so we came here. As it turned out, I skipped the mussels, since we shared fondue as the app. Wife had a glass of raspberry lambic, I had the Westmalle Trippel. I am not generally a raging fan of Belgian beers, but this is obviously the place to get them. If you're not familiar with the brews, the staff can assist with favored pairings. Daughter got a cone of fries that allowed us to recap our trip to Brussels last year and our trip to the alleged "world's best frites stand", Chez Antoine, on the Place Jourdan, according to our local host we were visiting. They were pretty damn good fries, but I have never waited 30 minutes on line for fries and won't be doing it again. Anyway, back at Clementine's, I had an order of onion soup which was a savory and respectable rendering. Daughter had the spinach and goat cheese crepe and liked it. Wife had brisket and liked it as well. I had braised pork chop with a side of potatoes and leeks, which was quite good. Dessert was ice cream (dame blanche) and the apple crepe w/ Grand Marnier (crepe Clementine). No complaints there at all - mighty fine. Service is relaxed and friendly, but attentive. Prices are reasonable for this type of fare. I don't get to the West Bank much these days, but I think I would hit this place with some regularity if I lived over there. The menu is similar to Crepe Nanou, but without the wait.