Good Burgers

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
jshushan

Good Burgers

Post by jshushan »

Group: I've had burgers for lunch twice in the last week. One was pretty good and one was quite good.

Very good- The Beachcorner on Canal Blvd. I had a cheddar and Jalapeno burger. It was large and cooked to the requested temp. As a side, I ordered fried mushrooms. I expected button mushrooms like anywhere else. I got fried Portobelo slices with a creamy dipping sauce. They were tasty. I'll be back for the burger again.

Pretty Good- The Red Eye Grill on South Peters. It was a combo with burger, fries and a drink for eight bucks. It's cooked fresh to order and the fries were got and crisp even if not fresh cut. It wasn't as good as the Beachcorner but it was half the price. I'll try it again.

Where has anyone else found a tasty burger?

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
BobRSnow

Re: Good Burgers

Post by BobRSnow »

I used to work down the street from The Red Eye and ate those burgers often. I brought a tape measure once to see how big that burger was. (5 inches across!) Yeah..big burger. Yeah, very fresh and tasty.

Never been to Beachcomber, but Phil's on Severn was interesting. The whole make your own burger was unique. It was a good burger.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Jonathan, I like GB's on Maple? just off of Carrollton. I'm sure you know where it is. Madigan's faced Carrollton, and if you're a bit older, maybe you went there when it was Mother's (a bar). I prefer their 8oz burgers of preK, which you can still get, but they are not on the menu. You have to ask for it.
And grilled onions too!

I don't care for The Red Eye. We all felt really funky the next day & none of us were drinking. At the time we were eating the burgers we were really disappointed.

I've never been to the Beachcomber, but I have heard similar reports.
One day!
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Phil's is good if your in Metry.

I love Yo Mama's, they are the best IMO, though I'm not much of a burger girl.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I agree Yo Mama's has great burgers.
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

Still like POC best. Honorable mention to Luke, Cafe Minh and Yo Mama's.
RouxTheDay

Post by RouxTheDay »

I had a great burger at Ernst Cafe after a rough night a few months back.

I'm a POC fan, too...enjoyed a burger and a Monsoon the Saturday before Gustav. That was the first time I've ever been kicked out of there...and it was before 10:00. :)

Seems like I had a good burger at La Peniche, too....Isn't it named for a woman or something?
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Rivershack has a good selection of fixin's in two size choices, and even more beer offerings! And don't forget their special sauce and sweet fries!
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Chili Champ

Post by Chili Champ »

Phil's Grill on Severn.

If you're not in metairie -GO TO METAIRIE!!

Great meat. Order it rare with the proper fixins (almost unlimited
combos possible) and it's just about as good as it gets in the entire Metro area!!

C. C.
buzd

Post by buzd »

Chili Champ wrote:Phil's Grill on Severn.

If you're not in metairie -GO TO METAIRIE!!

Great meat. Order it rare with the proper fixins (almost unlimited
combos possible) and it's just about as good as it gets in the entire Metro area!!

C. C.
I like the 50/50 hot sausage/chuck blend. Gives it a really nice amount of moisture and flavor.