Southern Breeze Wine and Culinary Festival (Part 2)

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
EatinAintCheatin

Southern Breeze Wine and Culinary Festival (Part 2)

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Part 2:

Sunday - 9/14 - Now the fun starts.

Walk About Brunch - This was our favorite event. It lasted from 10:30am to 1:00pm. They used the same tent configuration but this time most tents were occupied by local restaurants. There were various foods, all good. Each food was paired with either a champagne or sparkling wine. Again, a huge selection. Most were pretty good. A few were not good to me. Rather than review the wines/champagnes I'd rather just give an overview of the entire event/weekend.

Cafe Thirty A - Creole Shrimp Benedict

Tommy Bahamas Island Cafe - Mini Calloway Crab Cakes with Blackbeard's Butterscotch

Santa Rosa Beach Club - Soft Shell Crab Henry IV - fried softshell crab, poached quail eggs, bearnaise and English muffin.

Hurricane Oyster Bar - Blackened Grouper served over Gouda cheese grits, topped with Tasso Cream Sauce and fried spinach.

The Lake Place - Grits and Grillades

The Culinary Gallery - Smoked Salmon Crepes

Basmati's Asian Cuisine - Spicy vermicelli/veggie salad served chilled and pork pot stickers with hot and sour sauce.

Mitchell's Fish Market - Crab Cakes and Seared Hawaiian Ahi Tuna.

JamBone - Conch Salad and BBQ Pork

Bud & Alleys - ?

Is that enough food for ya? Wow, awesome. Next time I will skip the grand tasting and just use that money to buy a bunch of wine. I highly recommend the brunch.

Dinner -
After that brunch we just stayed in the condo and watched a movie and had some salamis and cheeses with a bottle of Alsace Pinot Blanc.

Monday - 9/15

No Breakfast

Lunch - Stopped at Mamma's in Diamondhead on the way home and had smothered cabbage with fresh veggies and Italian sausage served over pasta. Also had a couple glasses of Gallo Rosé (you know, from that huge jug/bottle). Served the cold wine in those tiny beer glasses like all good Sicilian families do. FWIW, Mamma's in Diamondhead is my mom's house, not a restaurant.

Back at work now and can't wait for another long weekend cause I alread earned it.
EAC