Mojo Grill

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Pelican Six

Re: Mojo Grill

Post by Pelican Six »

Yvette, tell 'em to call their state Senator. That's what got me some relief.
Pellicano Ristorante - home of the Mile-Long Corndog*
*not really
scaustin1

Post by scaustin1 »

Run a wheel means being able to expedite food. Tickets used to be put on a revolving wheel and as you finished orders you would turn the wheel to go to the next one. Also known as a board. Sorry I'm a lifer.:)
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

Thanks for the explaination.
Yvette
MrsChefV

Post by MrsChefV »

Mojo Grill - you're better off at Applebee's.

Went there last night with a couple of friends. The music was deafeningly loud and there are no soft surfaces to absorb the sound.

The joint is full of giant TV's all playing different channels, NOT prime sports stuff.

The wine list....good grief! The prices were higher than any swanky bistro in New Orleans. ie: $50 for Franciscan Merlot (NOT the Magnificat), $258 for Dom Perignon. You'd think the place would be festooned with white tablecloths. NO. Just bare tables and silverware presented in roll-ups.

The food: Crab claws sauteed in butter were pretty good. However, we had to ask for bread to dip in the butter sauce. Result? ONE roll for a table of 3 people.

One person ordered a seafood & cream sauce dish in puff pastry. The 'seafood' was packaged frozen shrimp. The cream sauce tasted like condensed canned mushroom soup.

One diner wanted an 8oz hamburger from the lunch menu with garlic & mushrooms. Result? After speaking with the chef (!) about this outre request, he got a 4 oz hamburger ($14) without the garlic or mushrooms. "Sorry, sir...we're out of garlic & mushrooms."

Really? That's odd....the butter sauce on the crab claws had plenty of garlic cloves and the cream sauce on the puff pastry had plenty of mushrooms.

The waitress was nice and the company was good.

Applebee's is right across the street.

Janis
Admin

Post by Admin »

We typically try to avoid dining at restaurants on the periphery of a shopping mall parking lot, they're often disappointing.
Pelican Six

Post by Pelican Six »

scaustin1 wrote:Run a wheel means being able to expedite food. Tickets used to be put on a revolving wheel and as you finished orders you would turn the wheel to go to the next one. Also known as a board. Sorry I'm a lifer.:)

When I read that, the image that popped into my mind was Mel's Diner, with Mel banging the pick-bell with his spatula and Flo telling him to "Kiss my grits!"
:)
Pellicano Ristorante - home of the Mile-Long Corndog*
*not really