Tecoro's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
dragongrrl

Tecoro's

Post by dragongrrl »

Looks like it has bitten the dust.

Actually it looks like it bit the dust a while ago, but I just noticed it.

The first time I ate there, I liked it a lot. But the service always sucked, especially, interestingly enough, when one or more of the sisters were there. And the lounge act grated. The last time I went they were expecting a big table and were holding tables for at least 35 minutes for these 20 people, from customers who were waiting already. One couple waited over an hour.

After waiting 30 minutes and then watching all these folks come arrive and be immediately seated, my boyfriend and I left, never to return. They never explained to anyone. We overheard someone talking about it then all the people waiting discussed it. Everyone left. I won't miss them.
Now this is more like it.
hungryone

Re: Tecoro's

Post by hungryone »

I never made it inside...first, the terrible TV ads, then the external appearance of the place: like a cheesy suburban furniture store. Still, I feel bad that a small business went bust, esp since they apparently spent lots of dough on the building. Maybe someone with deeper pockets and clearer ideas about running a restaurant will move into the space---I support Kenner restaurants fairly often.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I ate there once and the food and service were like a low grade Copelands or something.
From what I had heard about how they ran the place, I am kind of suprised the place stayed open as long as it did.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Never heard of it, where was it?
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
BobRSnow

Post by BobRSnow »

On Williams Blvd, just north of W. Esplanade in a retrofitted Western Sizzlin.