Laurentino's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Yvette

Laurentino's

Post by Yvette »

Laurentino’s: I had forgotten about going there because in the past Pre-K he had a horrible wine list, but would not let you bring outside wine. He kept pushing the Sangria which I hate. We saw Xavier recently and got to talking. He now charges a reasonable $10.00 corkage, and his food is still very good. If you like garlic this is the place to go. Started off with chicken and garlic appetizers, sizzling in olive oil. Very tasty. Then the fiedulla Valencia. Excellent. A paella in ingredients, except it is served with pasta instead of rice. We also had steak and frites with aioli. Again very good. Not a soul in there. Don’t know how he is making it there. We used to love to go there at lunch, but now he is only open for dinner.

The smell of garlic when you open the door gives you a nose orgasim
Yvette
café au lait

Re: Laurentino's

Post by café au lait »

Yvette wrote:Laurentino’s: now he is only open for dinner.
Unless he has recently stopped, he was opening for lunch on Sundays only.

I'm with you - how does he make it with no visible customers. I went recently on a Friday or Saturday night - only one occupied table when I entered and only one additional came in before I left. But on that note, I'll say if you like places that are under the radar and not crowded, this could be the place for you.
Forget the apple - a café au lait a day keeps the doctor away!
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

still waiting for his tapas and tacos to open in the old Cafe Volage. he was very excited about the concept, but that was a year ago...hmmm.
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

He told me that the tapas thing is opening very soon. He even drew a diagram of the place for me showing me the bar area, kitchen area and where the knocked out existing walls. Looks nice on paper
Yvette
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

he was "interning" with one of the taco trucks to learn more about tacos.
can't wait! hope he keeps some of the courtyard area for outdoor dining.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!