Order of posts help

Help and Answers To Your Forum Questions
RouxTheDay

Order of posts help

Post by RouxTheDay »

I can't figure out how to make the posts on each thread show first to last instead of last to first.
I'm sure it's right in front of me but I can't find it.:mad:
Admin

Re: Order of posts help

Post by Admin »

Go to User CP (menu bar, top left). Under Settings & Options: Edit Options. Scroll down to Thread Display Settings. Also check out the bunch of other options on that same page, including one we remember requested on TOB, which was how many posts to display per page.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I was trying to figure this out as well....the default mode is like walking into the middle of a movie..
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

roux and Jerry, did you get the order straightened out?
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Admin

Post by Admin »

The default post display order setting in User Registration Options has been changed to "linear, oldest first". Out of the box, it's set to "linear, newest first". There are several options available when a user first registers that they may overlook, or not be sure what their preference is until after they've logged in and had a chance to look things over. The new default is what most seem to want, so we're going with it. It's also the view non-logged-in visitors see. This action will not affect how already-registered users have set their preference in their User CP.