Aussie Shiraz

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
bdavid

Re: Aussie Shiraz

Post by bdavid »

JonSmith wrote:plenty, relatively
I looked at Martin's (Mandeville location) and didn't see it - is it only at C&B?
(Nice forum, by the way, I only just heard about it...)
JonSmith

Post by JonSmith »

To my knowledge it might be available elsewhere, though I am the only place I know of that sells it. There's not much available compared to other Aussie wines (maybe 50 cases for the state for the year) so other retailers might be busy selling "higher priority" wines.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

EatinAintCheatin wrote:Yep JAG, I picked up 3 bottles of the Aussie, 3 Rose's and some Tito's Vodka. Can't wait to try the Shiraz. We will probably cook something this week to go with it.
As far as Tito's vodka goes, I wasn't really impressed. I drank some straight shots (urk!) and some Cajun Martoonies (With jalapeno garnish). My only laudable comment is the stuff is relatively hangover free!
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Jeeves wrote:As far as Tito's vodka goes, I wasn't really impressed. I drank some straight shots (urk!) and some Cajun Martoonies (With jalapeno garnish). My only laudable comment is the stuff is relatively hangover free!
I haven't tried it yet. But I guess the worse case scenario would be that I would have to use it as a mixer. To be honest, I'm not expecting Chopin, one of my personal favorites, but I do hope it can be enjoyed straight, very chilled. I'll post my comments once I try it.