Restaurant Depot

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
flyinbayou

Restaurant Depot

Post by flyinbayou »

I helped a friend open up his bar (and soon to be opened restaurant) in St. Louis this past weekend and was able to shop at a Restaurant Depot. Although I didn't get much time in it, the store was jaw-dropping. Think of a Sam's Club where a third of it is refrigerated (wish I would have brought a jacket), a third of that is freezer and the rest if everything from dry goods and produce to utensils and machines.

I understand that they are building one on Broad north of Tulane. If this is true I can't wait, although I am not sure that sentiment is held by Caire, Loubatt's, etc.

Anyone know when they are to open?

ps: I remember what I loved, and more important, what I hated about bartending.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
mojo

Re: Restaurant Depot

Post by mojo »

Restaurant Depot will be in the Zion City neighborhood where Universal Furniture used to be on the corner of S. Broad and Earhart. They are scheduled to open this coming January.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

I understand their memberships are not as simple to obtain as are those of Sam's and other warehouse clubs. They want a tax ID number and a business license that shows you are in the restaurant, catering or other food-related business. I have read where non-profits are also welcome, and that one may be able to obtain day passes if current affiliation with an organization such as the KCBS can be shown.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

Low-N-Slow wrote:I understand their memberships are not as simple to obtain as are those of Sam's and other warehouse clubs. They want a tax ID number and a business license that shows you are in the restaurant, catering or other food-related business. I have read where non-profits are also welcome, and that one may be able to obtain day passes if current affiliation with an organization such as the KCBS can be shown.
That is my understanding also. With that said, as an employee of my friend's restaurant/bar, I was able to obtain a card.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
mojo

Post by mojo »

I saw a "Now Open" banner in front of the store today and the parking lot was full.