Got A Babysitter...Going To Dakota

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
LiveOak

Got A Babysitter...Going To Dakota

Post by LiveOak »

Whew! Getting away from the kiddies and going to Dakota. I need me some crabmeat and brie soup.
flyinbayou

Re: Got A Babysitter...Going To Dakota

Post by flyinbayou »

LOL. I initially replied with a "why would anybody be excited to go to the Dakotas" line. I realized you meant the restaurant. Thank God!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
LiveOak

Re: Got A Babysitter...Going To Dakota

Post by LiveOak »

It was great. My wife had crabmeat and brie soup, and I had shrimp and grits for an appetizer. Both were delicious. We split a spinach salad with strawberries, pecans and goat cheese.

For dinner I had that awesome soft shell crab they do. They stuff it with shrimp, crawfish, etc. so it is the size of a baseball. It comes to the table in this ostentatious presentation, claws sticking straight up in the air. Lots of vertical height with this dish. The server actually told me the first crab they did didn't do the claw trick correctly so they started over with another crab.

My wife had a lobster which came split in half and was delicious.

Dessert was white chocolate brownie for my wife and lemon pudding cake for me which was a light lemon cake with a delicious strawberry sauce and strawberries and blueberries.

The best part was eating without having to prevent my almost-two-year-old from climbing the table or spending half of my time outside.