Strange night at A Mano

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
justagirl

Re: strange night at A Mano

Post by justagirl »

Her name is Missy.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Isabella Maja

Re: Strange night at A Mano

Post by Isabella Maja »

willifred wrote:Very interesting info. I swear on my mothers eyes this happened to me. I would have no reason t throw that out if it didn't happen. I prefaced the statement with saying many of us like all of Adolfo's 3 restaurants. I love dining at them. If I remember correctly, it was the Thursday night between the weekends of J-fest. I walked in, asked to sit at the bar as a single dinner, sat in the far corner so I could people watch. I had a great conversation with the couple next to me about how great the food was. As I said earlier, the beverage director for all three places, (sorry can't remember her name) waited on me. She wasn't all that busy, as it was getting late. When the oil came for my bread, I asked for a pepper mill. That is when she told me the Olive Garden line. As far as the meal was concerned, I really enjoyed it. I had the beet salad, rabbit,a glass of wine she recommended, and panne cotta. It was great. I was not trying to make some crap blow up because I had a bad meal or experience there. I'm looking forward to my my next meal at any of the three places. I'm sure some of you probably know this person (beverage director), and she may very well claim not to have said it. She would either not be remembering correctly , or covering her ass. Sorry if I sound defensive, but I hope I die and go to hell at this very moment if this didn't happen to me.
Goodness! I believed you from the beginning!
This kind of thing has happened at the best of places.
I don't think anyone was disbelieving you.

Remember the ICED TEA SPOON thread?
One of the posters was shocked when a server said there were no iced tea spoons. I was witness to seeing the iced tea spoons the month before they were claimed not exist. I think it was at Delmonico about a year ago.

Thinking about it, I've personally had this happen at numerous places over the years. I usually reply, "Yes, you do have "xyz", I used it/had some last time. They then have that deer in headlights look & go & get it.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

paz5559 wrote:So I called a Mano to ask - they do, indeed have a peppermill.
I then returned to playing Dungeons and Dragons by myself until I was killed by an elf.
paz5559

Post by paz5559 »

bam bam wrote:I then returned to playing Dungeons and Dragons by myself until I was killed by an elf.
yes yes, some of us don't get to lead the glorious existence of a scum sucking bottom dweller (aka an attorney)
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose