Jason at City Diner

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Dilfan

Jason at City Diner

Post by Dilfan »

I had the pleasure of meeting Jason from City Diner today, and we talked for a few minutes. Really enjoyed the time conversing with him. He's releasing a new menu and it looks impressive. I guess I better break out the Sans-a-belt slacks again!!!!!
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
justagirl

Re: Jason at City Diner

Post by justagirl »

Jason is a great guy. I've been being good lately and bringing my lunch so I haven't been there as often lately, but one day I forgot rice for my lunch and he was kind enough to give me some. I like that. A lot.

When I slack of from being good I'll be back over there for breakfast or lunch. The new menu items are good, especially the muff. I see myself ordering that sandwich often :)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
BTG

Post by BTG »

I very much enjoyed my visits to the City Diner. Good food at a great price.
It might have been my sexy lunch date for one of the visits that is making me think so fondly of the place too.
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

I was out running errands this morning with my daugher and we stopped in there for lunch. I couldn't get that soft shell crab sandwich out of my mind since I found out about it yesterday. It was worth the wait! Not a particularly large body, but the legs and claws were huge, and it was perfectly fried and filled the bun. The cheddar jalapeño bread overpowered the delicate taste of the crab at times so I think next time I'll order it on the sourdough instead.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

My first choice off the new menu will be Grillades & Grits. Maybe next week.
I often get the Jalapeno Cheese bread.

Jason is a great host & I always look forward to seeing him on our visits to City Diner.
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

Isabella Maja wrote:My first choice off the new menu will be Grillades & Grits.
Not trying to hijack this thread, and I haven't tried them at City Diner yet, but the best Grits and Grillades that I've had, other than my own, was at The Store in the CBD, a couple of blocks from Shell Square. Super creamy grits and large, perfectly seasoned and grilled shrimp!
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Dilfan wrote:Not trying to hijack this thread, and I haven't tried them at City Diner yet, but the best Grits and Grillades that I've had, other than my own, was at The Store in the CBD, a couple of blocks from Shell Square. Super creamy grits and large, perfectly seasoned and grilled shrimp!
Ah, I forgot about The Store, someone reported before (maybe you?) that this dish was great. I've never heard of grilled shrimp being called grillades, but I am willing to not let that stop me! Sounds wonderful!

I hope Jason has tweaked the grits a bit. Please say you have!
Dilfan

Post by Dilfan »

Isabella Maja wrote:Ah, I forgot about The Store, someone reported before (maybe you?) that this dish was great. I've never heard of grilled shrimp being called grillades, but I am willing to not let that stop me! Sounds wonderful!

I hope Jason has tweaked the grits a bit. Please say you have!
DOH.......Isabella, you're right about the grillades, I meant to take that part out, but I guess my fingers were faster than my brain!! But it's the grits that are so good there.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Dilfan wrote:DOH.......Isabella, you're right about the grillades, I meant to take that part out, but I guess my fingers were faster than my brain!! But it's the grits that are so good there.
I'm glad you slipped! Made me notice & I'll definitely check out The Store next time I'm around there. I don't know why everyone doesn't make the effort to make great grits!

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

After pulling an all nighter, I just had a breakfast sandwich from City Diner.

Two eggs over med on Jalapeno Cheddar Bread with bacon & cheddar.
I could only eat half. Thank you Jason for using such quality ingredients!
'Twas great!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

I'm so sorry to say this....

I've loved CD since it opened. I was so impressed with the cleanliness, the service, the delicious food, the prices....

My husband and I went there today for lunch.... it was filthy. A fly was buzzing around us the whole time... the floor had bits of food, napkin, straw-papers, etc... the countertop from my booth-level was icky with crumbs and those dark stain sticky spots....

Service was awful.... AWFUL. Just a few feet away from us stood four chatty waitresses.... absolutely refusing to acknowledge our requests for attention (they served the food, FINALLY... and no water, no drink, no silverware...).. Tom had to get up and walk over there before they broke up the gabfest.

Gross.
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....