Maple Street Patisserie

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
justagirl

Maple Street Patisserie

Post by justagirl »

Maple Street Patisserie
7638 Maple Street
(504) 247-7912

If you haven't stopped by here yet, do it! It totally knocked La Boulangerie down on my list. This weekend we stopped by and got the Italian Sesame bread, canollis, bread pudding pie (I'm sure it has a better name than that) and bear claws. Everything was excellent. The bread was absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to try more of their breads.

The chef and owner were there and extremely nice and helpful.

It's nothing fancy. They have pastries and breads and coffee. That's really about it. You can pick up to go or sit and relax at one of the several tables.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
jshushan

Re: Maple Street Patisserie

Post by jshushan »

I tried it over the weekend for a couple of things to bring for dessert at some friends house. The brownies and the eclairs are very good.

The strawberry turnover, a breakfast item I know but it worked, was good, good good. It is different. There's sugar on the outside of the pastry, which provides the sweetness but the strawberry stuff in the middle had very little sugar and a lot of strawberry flavor. I'm trying the guava and creme cheese next.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

JAG and I are eating their foccacia. It is stuffed with cheese and olives. I think JAG is going to eat the whole loaf. Woman behind the counter recognized me and I was treated really well. I'll let JAG post about dessert.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

So this is why Bam asked me how to spell foccacia while I was doing the dishes. Humpf.

As for dessert, Bam left and I'm here with two desserts...what's a girl to do?

The bread was amazing by the way.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

I'd eat both.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I didn't even touch them. I wanted to finish off the focaccia but I put it out of reach to deter me.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Out of reach is pointless. I can climb, and from the sounds of it, I would for that.

I also could not have resisted touching the two desserts. I have no willpower.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

The desserts, which we had last night, were a banana chocolate creation and an apple bread pudding. The banana thingy was a chocolate crust/tart with banana and a wonderful cream with chocolate shavings on top. It was devine. The apple bread pudding was very good but almost ignored being next to the choconanagoodness.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I had a blueberry muffin type thing for breakfast this morning. Coffee is good not great.
sirvelvet

Post by sirvelvet »

We picked up some goods last Sunday: croissants, chocolate croissants, creampuffs, and challah. Everything was very good and reasonably priced. I still prefer the croissants at Croissant D'Or but this is an excellent riverbend option.