Fat Henry's aka Venezia II

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
LauraMc

Fat Henry's aka Venezia II

Post by LauraMc »

We went yesterday evening and it's true: no more pizza. But... I like the new menu and atmosphere better. They put Italian and mafia pictures/posters all around and now that I think about it; they may have painted over that faux brick wall they had.
Anyway, menu is a little different. They still have seafood, shrimp, oyster, fish platters but have added a lot of meat. The special last night was a 16 oz. porterhouse. They also have 6 and 10 oz filets, hamburger steak, pork chops and I can't remember the others.
I got the 6oz filet and it was cooked perfectly. Crispy on the outside and nice and pink in the middle. It came with a regular dinner salad (lettuce & tomato) and I got the twice baked potato. The potato was twice the size of my steak and was covered with cheese (which I love). The twice baked had quite a bit of pepper but not too spicy.
Hubby had the hamburger steak covered with brown gravy and mac & cheese. It's a penne pasta with another generous amount of cheese. It's like home made mac & cheese.
They added some appetizers but can't think of them now. We got the eggplant sticks. I liked them but hubby thought they were cut too thick. He likes the skinny ones that look like fries. This looked like they cut the eggplant in half and then sliced it in 6 long, thick pieces, breaded and fried. I like it like that. You actually taste the eggplant.
I'm wondering if they changed chefs. I always liked Venezia but this is better. :toast:
NoNoNanette

Re: Fat Henry's aka Venezia II

Post by NoNoNanette »

Glad you enjoyed it, Laura. I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for that joint. After Dom's transplant, that's the first place that we "ate out" at.... mid afternoon- no people (thus, no sickly germs)- fairly good pizza.

It was just so much fun to be OUT.... without a mask on! :toast:

The next time we blow into town, might have to stop for a steak! Thanks for the review.
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Maybe we hit it on a bad evening...but, if that had been the first time we had been there..I'm guessing we would have never gone back. We'll try it again sometime.

Oh, and they did paint over the wall.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Ok, I'm wondering if they've closed their doors for good. I left here the week before Mother's Day...there was a sign on their door.."Closed 2 Weeks for Vacation"....Just noticed that the sign is still on the door. They've taken down the sign out by Central Avenue...no cars in the parking lot.
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

We went last night and the vacation sign was still on the door. Ended up at the Chinese buffet on Clearview. Had my octopus sushi, yummmmmmmmm.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

LauraMc wrote:We went last night and the vacation sign was still on the door. Ended up at the Chinese buffet on Clearview. Had my octopus sushi, yummmmmmmmm.
The one beside where McDonald's used to be? When we first moved down here...we lived in Clearwater Creek apartments..right behind that place. It was always packed. We never did try it though.