Distributor for New Orleans themed merchandise?

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
UptownKevin

Distributor for New Orleans themed merchandise?

Post by UptownKevin »

Anyone have a contact or lead for a distributor of New Orleans themed merchandise? Looking for things like the water meter coasters and t-shirts, Cafe du Monde coffee mugs, FDL t-shirts, etc... Ideally I want things of good quality, not the crap sold by the gift shops in the quarter. Although I could go through several different sources for different items, I would love to have one distributor that handles it all. Not sure if one even exists, but I hoped someone around here might be able to help. Jerry, any ideas? I have a business idea but I won't be competing with anyone in the New Orleans market, so your contacts are safe with me.

-Kevin
flyinbayou

Re: Distributor for New Orleans themed merchandise?

Post by flyinbayou »

Kevin, you can try these guys but I am not sure they have all that you would want. I bought several long sleeve tees from them and the only complaint I have is that the sleeves are too long for most of us. (no problem, we just roll them up a bit).
They're located on Magazine.

http://dirtycoast.com
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Yvette

Re: Distributor for New Orleans themed merchandise?

Post by Yvette »

UptownKevin wrote:Anyone have a contact or lead for a distributor of New Orleans themed merchandise? Looking for things like the water meter coasters and t-shirts, Cafe du Monde coffee mugs, FDL t-shirts, etc... Ideally I want things of good quality, not the crap sold by the gift shops in the quarter. Although I could go through several different sources for different items, I would love to have one distributor that handles it all. Not sure if one even exists, but I hoped someone around here might be able to help. Jerry, any ideas? I have a business idea but I won't be competing with anyone in the New Orleans market, so your contacts are safe with me.

-Kevin
I have a friend that makes Mardi Gras, Saints, St. Pats hats for the ladies. Also makes umbrellas. If this is of any interest, let me know. She has her merchandise in two uptown stores already.
Yvette