Sweet Gals

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
jshushan

Sweet Gals

Post by jshushan »

Group: I figured I'd start a new thread.

They've made some changes since JAG and Bam went. I think they read the older string. First, they now have a large "order here" sign that makes it clear how to do things. Second, they now have a sign that says "any crepe available as an omelette." It's difficult to skimp on the eggs in an omelette.

I had one with spinach, bacon, gruyere and tomato I think. Side of good fresh fruit and I bought an additional side of bacon chedder grits. The omelette was good, about three eggs I'd guess with lots of stuff in it. The fruit showed me they're buying good product. The grits tasted good but were a bit lumpy. They need to work on those.

They were crowded and look like they're doing well. The kitchen is a bit slow but there's only one lady back there doing things. All in all, I'll try it again. I have a photo of my breakfast. See http://twitpic.com/nojvc. I hope this link works. It's my first try.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
bam bam

Re: Sweet Gals

Post by bam bam »

Don't like it. Not a fan. Won't be back.
jshushan

Post by jshushan »

bam bam wrote:Don't like it. Not a fan. Won't be back.
To each his own. No two people ever agree about every place. I hope you enjoy whereever you do go. I'm trying Jackson next for a late lunch. Report later.

Jonathan
"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Winston Churchill
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

With the omelette option I'm willing to give it another shot.

Had a late post race breakfast this morning at Stanley. I do LOVE Stanley.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

justagirl wrote: I do LOVE Stanley.
Ummm, who is Stanley???!!!!????
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I'm thinking that Stanley is the guy that she's enjoying desserts with these days. ;)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Speaking of Stanley's desserts.... I think the banana foster french toast should come with an insulin pump.

OK, no more hijacking...
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."