Wedding Night Digs

Stuff To Do Around Town & Out In Da Parish. Where Ya Been? Whatcha Did?
DivaKitty

Wedding Night Digs

Post by DivaKitty »

I'm wondering which hotel in the Quarter is super lovely, romantic, perhaps with amenities such as a pool or in room jacuzzi, balcony, etc.
Thanks!
Envie

Re: Wedding Night Digs

Post by Envie »

I like the Omni - great pool.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

In my pre-JAG days, I used to use the Honeymoon Suite at the Monteleone as my weekday love nest. Very romantic, very fun.
Admin

Post by Admin »

bam bam wrote:In my pre-JAG days, I used to use the Honeymoon Suite at the Monteleone as my weekday love nest. Very romantic, very fun.
You know, BTG said something almost identical just the other day... :hmm: :eek: :covri:
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

Hubby and I were just visiting at the end of June and celebrated our anniversary. We stayed at the Royal Orleans for one night. It was very safe and quite lovely, being in the quarter but I thought it was pricey for the room we got. It was nothing special. I would highly and I say HIGHLY – recommend the “House on Bayou Road” which is 12 blocks from the quarter as the ultimate romantic retreat – try the “Bayou Self” cottage. - Bliss. We adored this.
Never for money
Always for love ,Cover up & say goodnight
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Great Danish wrote:Hubby and I were just visiting at the end of June and celebrated our anniversary. We stayed at the Royal Orleans for one night. It was very safe and quite lovely, being in the quarter but I thought it was pricey for the room we got. It was nothing special. I would highly and I say HIGHLY – recommend the “House on Bayou Road” which is 12 blocks from the quarter as the ultimate romantic retreat – try the “Bayou Self” cottage. - Bliss. We adored this.
was wondering how your trip went. love HOBR.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

Our anniversary was very special indeed. We have been missing all the fresh seafood and made a bee line for Drago’s for lunch. It was wonderful as always (oh how we had missed the oysters!!!) . We managed to waddle out and checked into the House on Bayou Road after lunch. We had the “Bayou Self” cottage and relaxed in our rockers on the porch for an afternoon thunderstorm. It was a very romantic evening, a perfect anniversary night. It was very appropriate since we spent much of our courtship in the rain it seems. The next day we checked into the Royal Orleans (I was sorely wishing I had booked HOBR for a second night) and enjoyed a great dinner that evening with good friends at the Sun Ray café in old Metairie. It was a wonderful visit from start to finish. Thanks so much for asking.

Jen
Never for money
Always for love ,Cover up & say goodnight