Ice cream malt

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
PNG

Re: Ice cream malt

Post by PNG »

The weak malt flavor is the reason I make them at home. It is difficult to find a place that will put enough malt into their product.
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................
BTG

Post by BTG »

chefairline wrote:I was disappointed. It lacked chocolate and a potent malt flavor.

Sorry about that. I guess the girls could add more or less malt depending on who is working.
Then again, the only malt that I have had in the last five years to compare it against was Baskin Robbins, so my idea of "good" might be a little off.
chefairline

Post by chefairline »

PNG wrote:The weak malt flavor is the reason I make them at home. It is difficult to find a place that will put enough malt into their product.
I agree with you that the best ones can be made at home. It is so simple with the right ingrediants. However, I don't need or what the temptation. I would be eating them every night. I am just looking for a good one as a special treat when the urge comes.

Like many of you, I referance a great one from my childhood. It was in the 60s at a place call Tastee Time in the Parkchester Shopping Center (Mirabeau and Paris). Now, I wonder if it was really that good.
Celebrate New Orleans! Eat a po'boy, not a SUB.
Tom Thumb

Post by Tom Thumb »

OK, Pile on, but..
I think Sonic makes wonderful malts, although I have only had strawberry and vanilla. Oh, well!!!!:)